MIDIBox64E question

anderspe

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but if someone can answer this, I'd be really happy!

I want to build a midi controller based on the MIDIbox64E.

I want to have 5 dedicated recall buttons (program change I guess), like a pedal board. So i can recall what ever the other buttons and encoders are set to in that preset (and of course store presets as well). Is this possible? It seems like this, but requires bankstick, have I understood this correctly?

Is it possible to have some of the encoders/buttons to be "global", so they are unaffected by a program change?

Kind regards,

Anders

Hi Anders,

yes, you will need a bankstick to store different setups.

Then you need to configure 5 buttons as "special function buttons" as documented in midibox64e_sfb_table.txt

E.g. let's say that the buttons are connected to the first 5 inputs of the first shift register, then write:

1.1 = FF 02 00 # switch to Bank 1 -- for quick access
1.2 = FF 02 01 # switch to Bank 2 -- for quick access
1.3 = FF 02 02 # switch to Bank 3 -- for quick access
1.4 = FF 02 03 # switch to Bank 4 -- for quick access
1.5 = FF 02 04 # switch to Bank 5 -- for quick access
[/code]

in your .ini file (which then has to be converted to a .syx file)

This has to be done for all banks, so that the SFBs are always available (this makes the SFB "global")

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Cool!! Thanks Thorsten!

What about the "global" buttons? Is that possible?

Anders

Hi Anders,

yes, you will need a bankstick to store different setups.

Then you need to configure 5 buttons as "special function buttons" as documented in midibox64e_sfb_table.txt

E.g. let's say that the buttons are connected to the first 5 inputs of the first shift register, then write:

1.1  =  FF 02 00   # switch to Bank 1  --  for quick access

1.2  =  FF 02 01   # switch to Bank 2  --  for quick access

1.3  =  FF 02 02   # switch to Bank 3  --  for quick access

1.4  =  FF 02 03   # switch to Bank 4  --  for quick access

1.5  =  FF 02 04   # switch to Bank 5  --  for quick access

in your .ini file (which then has to be converted to a .syx file)

This has to be done for all banks, so that the SFBs are always available (this makes the SFB "global")

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 months later...

Hello Again.

Now my box is completed, I have started to program it (just need the frontpanel and enclosure). And I still have something that puzzles me....

What I need are fixed buttons/encoders that stays the same even if I change bank/patch.

4 of my buttons are toggle buttons. If one of them is on, I need it to stay on even if I change bank. Is this possible with midibox64e? Right now the buttons revert to what they are set to in the recalled bank...

The pedal_box project does exactly that - but unfortunately don't support rotary encoders.... http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pedal_box

One solution could be if the banks only stored and recalled the encoder positions, and not the buttons... Is that possible?

Edited by anderspe