FS: Cheap MBSEQ desktop panel (1-off)

julianf

As per i needed to cut a test panel for the mbseq desktop enclosures to check all the measurements.

Because i did not actually think the job would work, i used a bit of scrap metal, that had been heavily engraved on one side.

The test panel actually came out perfect, and is way too good to put back into the scrap.

Photos below -

mbseq_test_01.jpg

mbseq_test_02.jpg

mbseq_test_03.jpg

So, what's wrong with this panel?

a) there are no pcb mounting holes cut. youre on your own here, with JB weld, or whatever epoxy resin brand you have local to you : )

b) the panel was heavily engraved on the rear side. i was doing testing with it, and there were some deep cuts, two of which punchered the panel on the left hand side just below the LCD window (two little dots in the last photo)

c) this isnt actually a real issue, but its somthing ill adjust on later panels - ill cut the panels 3/4 of a mm longer in the future. there's a tiny (well, 0.75mm) bit of slack in the case, which is identical to the slack in the other sections, but, hey, now that i know about it, ill adjust the cutting files to get rid of it : )

The engraving and holes are flawless. So, visually, its the two dots by the right hand LCD window. Again, the rear of the panel is a mess, so dont expect anything pretty there!

I think Wilba's 3mm design works out at about GBP 120 ish from the big engraving companies. How about this one at half that? GBP 60, ex shipping / transaction costs (where applicable)

Usual terms -

Postage at cost.

Packing free.

Payment by bank transfer in GBP or Euro, or...

By google checkout (usual processing fees apply) or...

By paypal, but *only* if marked as a gift, with fees pre-paid (basically i hate paypal, and have never taken it up until now, but, if you want to use it, that's the only way ill do it : )

Insurance / tracking is optional (at buyers risk) for items paid for by bank / paypal gift

Insurance not optional for card payments by other means.

ps. im sure its obvious, but we're talking just the engraved panel, not the whole case : )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm... Im pretty sure that i dont have it any more, however, i keep meening to go through things here, and find out exactly what i do and dont have!

Im pretty sure i have a cheap (reject) 19" panel, but, if you have the desktop case, that's no good to you.

I think standard price for the desktop panels is GBP 80 for the top, and GBP 35 for the rear, but, of course, if i do still have the panel in the photos, you would be very welcome to it.

Ill have a look through things, and post again!

Julian

A special priced one would be great for i don't have the money for an 'official' one. I like to make my own panels with saw, drill and tonertransfer printing,(see picture)  but this panel got a lot of square holes.

A special priced one at a later stadium would even be better for I just ordered the Seq CS PCB and partskit from SmashTV.

Cheers,

Roel

• 3 weeks later...
Roel, alternatively you can go for a Ponoko or Formulor panel - it's even possible to have them lasercut a complete case for VERY little money.

Wow, thanks, just found the thread  looks like a nice option too, I think I'll go for an orange panel/case. It's even cheaper than the black one.

@ Julian; If you're bothered about the given alternatives for your panels, I'll delete/edit my messages. Your panels/work are great!

• 2 weeks later...
That's looks awesome. Nice one :smile: What center knob do you have on there?

Thanx, the centre knob was just laying around here, I don't know where it came from?! Maybe later I'll find out my electribe, or something else, is missing one.