MIDIbox OSC documentation

TK.

Finally I managed to centralize the documentation about Ethernet/OSC support in MIOS32 based MIDIbox applications here:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_osc.html

It also contains some usage examples to improve the understanding. :)

Feel free to request additional examples (I don't know if anybody is really using this feature yet... although it exists since more than 3 years ;-))

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Quite interesting really.

I've been "away" for a while now, developing lots of MIDI-related stuff for AmigaOS 4.x.I'm quite proud of the flexibility of our existing MIDI routing library (CAMD), and theUSB drivers too. I have been wondering when I might look into OSC, even if it's justto expand the range of connections we offer.

One very nice possibility: I have always believed that the best use of the MBMixeris to remove the need for long audio snakes running from stage to the mix boothand back again.. If the actual mixer were located backstage, but the controls were"remote" from the booth, then LOTS of copper can be saved..

Ethernet would be a far better medium than MIDI to cover that distance.. and theslight cost in time wouldn't matter much at all.

This may be the "good reason" to move the MBMixer code to a newer core. ;)

TK, Thanks for sharing your work with all of us!

LyleHaze

I was pondering over the weekend whether it would be possible to convert the OSC/ethernet signal the SEQ generates directly to wireless. If I ever go down the tablet route, I would like to avoid cables completely.

So from what I read, it seems like the thing to do would be to basically mount a WiFi router inside the case. I have seen some fairly cheap PCBs which fit this purpose.

Am I crazy or is this feasible?

Andy

Am I crazy or is this feasible?

The link that TK provides in the first post of this thread provides the answer to that question already:

Accordingly, no computer is required for a communication to another device which provides OSC applications as well, such as iPhone and iPad. In these particular cases, just connect your MIDIbox to a wireless router and it will work!

Thanks for a very good and interesting read! The modular (OKOK, the sequencer) can be controlled from Lemur, what's not to like?

It might make it to the stage soon-ish :frantics:

How many people can do that with their modular gear? Oh, it also comes with a wireless bridge :flowers: