Nine Degrees of Freedom

Hawkeye

Hiya,

Nice one Hawkeye :)

How do you personally go about making a new tune?

By this I mean what is your workflow,are you like me for example,just twiddling everything until something sounds nice and adding to it or do you start out with some idea of the progression the tune is going to take?

cheers

Paul

Hiya,

Nice one Hawkeye :)

How do you personally go about making a new tune?

By this I mean what is your workflow,are you like me for example,just twiddling everything until something sounds nice and adding to it or do you start out with some idea of the progression the tune is going to take?

Remembering when I was very young and happened that a pretty girl :cheer: who listened my music asked me something like this

I felt very important and answered " I follow the Idea and then ...I want to see where my mind can bring me..."

suddenly my best friend :devil: came into the talking with " into a brain health center!! "

Nice work Peter

as usual :smile:

Regards

Antonio

Hehe, thanks y´all :clover: :ahappy:

Regarding following ideas and that they might get you to a mental clinic, even if your friend was mean then, Antonio, there is certainly some truth to it. The harder you push, often the worse the outcome will be... Sometimes, you are stuck, where nothing moves... I had that problem with this tune... it was on the sequencer for full three months, and the parts just would not fit together, i was about to give up, wildly deleting tracks on the SEQ, being frustrated, even deleting the one, that I thought was essential and "cool"... Then I tried again without this track and then it did somehow work...

So, while the outcome cannot be predicted and you really can´t plan for anything, my preferred "workflow", is to wildly hammer some notes into the seq, drop tracks that don´t fit, and just "play" with the other tracks, with the recorder running all the time. Some tunes like this one will take months (of free-time evening sessions, every other day or so), until they are ok, others will just work within a single session...

Many greets and thanks for listening!

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye