Drum Pads?

Dreadknot

I was thinking of using the MPC/MPK style pads with the pad sensor for my keyboard controller.

http://www.mpcstuff.com/mpc10mpkpads.html

And I found these on sparkfun.com

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/7835

The pads at sparkfun would be much easier to install...I'm not sure how I would install the MPC/MPK pads with the ribbon cable.

But I don't think the sparkfun button pads are very conducive to finger drumming... I doubt they are responsive at all. They seem like the monome buttons.

Any other ideas?

The sparkfun pads are more like switches, so you can't sense velocity with these.

The sensorsheet of mpc-stuff can do that, but it#s really expensive for what you get.

You'll get alsmost the same sensorsheet, if you rip apart a Korg nanoPad, or any similar pad controler.

I did that recently in an attempt to fix my MPC1k. in the end i just bought the pad upgrade kit.

So there are some leftovers: 2 disassembled nanoPads and a mostly (but not completely) functional sensor/pad block of my Mpc.

If you want these, send me a PM!

Has there been any discussion somewhere about using FSRs in a dynamic way, i.e. actually reading their "velocity" values? Via the AIN?

Yes, actually this slipped my mind as well...I need this functionality. Is it possible to send polyphony as well?

take a look here.

this is exactly what I needed, thanks...