TK.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

It all work, it's just amazing, the new map are so great.

TK I really like to thank you, this was the final touch to the moving fader.

I have two fader with different log scale, both different to DAW fader scale, now everything is moving relatively (dB) the same.

Fader grouping keep gain staging at analogue side.

I now have to check how it change the steep definition, which is non longer linear.

Side note, can I say that -ainser pinrange- is redundant with map?

This new map just open a new world, I have to try to drive audio vca laying around with AOUT_NG !

What about a digitally controlled compressor/gate !!

Also I sea the abilities to use CV note with non tempered or custom scale !!!

Best

Zam

Edited by Zam

Hi

I have a question regarding core update/reset

I notice that if I update an NGC file with mios studio, I have wink leds when pushing some buttons, this leds and buttons are not linked in any way at soft side.

But if I reset (via mios command or at core32 button) everything go fine after. It's like there is some phantom function after an update, which request a reset to definitely put in hell :happy:

I believe it's happening since I have a more and more complex .NGC/.NGR files, but I can't tell when I first observe this.

Is that a bug, is that normal ? To me it's not a problem, I just ask to understand :cheers:

Best

Zam

Yes, this command should do the trick.

It seems that there are variables which are not reset, this isn't intended - on the other hand I've currently no idea what I'm missing here.

Would it be possible to create a minimal .NGC file which I could use to reproduce the issue at my side?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK

it seem the issue arrive since I build more and more complex NGC/NGR, as I don't remember having it at the beginning when only few Din/Dout where assigned with event_

So I don't know if "minimal" will do the trick, I attach the actual NGC/NGR

In other hand I don't perform more test on this (as it's easy to solve with a mios studio command or core reset button)

I will try to see what config start to be a problem, by removing group of event

Best

Zam

Archive.zip

Ok

here is first test.

the flashing led don't react the same with SRIO num_sr=8 or without (less flash)

also

If I save an .NGC at file browser tool (with reset_hw command) the system return (at main window midi in monitor) a dozen of note off event (which some of them are not used by any event in my NGC)

If I reset with direct "reset" command at mios studio main window, the system only return two line F0 00 00 7E 32 00 21 F7 and FC

it seem the two way to reset don't do the same

Listen TK, if you have absolutely no idea about this it's not a problem, don't waste your time now, it's also possible it come from hw side (it's at some point dependant to the fader touch and optocouper, maybe AOP oscillation)

Best

Zam

Edited by Zam
not NGR...NGC

update

It's definitely liked to the optocoupler when I touch my fader, which have no link at all at ngc or ngr side.

If I remove the optocoupler from .NGC (event_led) the problem disappear.

Still don't understand how the manner of resetting the system have influence on this.

Anyway i believe it's part of my hw implementation, you won't be able to reproduce it I think ?

Maybe how the Din/out chain is scanned/setted up at reset, if I put the bug condition (led on, opto on, touch etc) at several fader, only most lower in the srio chain have the bug

Just forget it, I have no problem to type "reset" manually when I update my NGC.

Best

Zam

• 4 weeks later...

A new version is available:

MIDIbox NG V1.035
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o Support for secure keyboard handling if patch is switched: keep original
     MIDI port, note, channel when playing Note Off
     (this feature is not supported for LPC17 due to high memory consumption)

o Fixed encoder incrementer in absolute mode

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I come back with Dout strange behaviour, I just put my hand on it again, I'd like to understand.

I'm not 100% sure any more it's an HW issue.

I just spot somethinh i don't look at last time with "show hw_id" command.

Due to HW implementation I have a reversed dout (->buffer->Jfet switch) respond to one Din (touch circuit->NPN switch)

so I have fw_sender with if_equal command to flip the value, no "value=" specified.

1-If I save .NGC, (reset from NGC) stored value of Din is 0 and Dout is 127, like the reset read the fw_ anc if_ command

2-If i reset from mios studio (or HW STM32 button), stored value is 0 for both, according to default value=0 if not specified in NGC

condition 1 give the right state I want at startup, but some wink led if I push some button.

condition 2 give me the wrong startup state (until I touch fader), but after that everything is fine.

3-If I specify value=127 for my Dout at NGC to force the correct startup state, the system react like condition 1 whatever reset way I take.

4-if I run a scrip at startup (NGR) with 10sec delay (to be sure everything is already loaded) and set the Dout to the value I want it's like condition 1 ...

I still need to try snapshot to see how it handle value at startup, but reset really look to not act the same depending at where you do it (NGC, mios, HW)

Best

Zam

Hi

Ok, after some more hours...I think it's fixed :)

I put the led event before the button event in the NGC

Also a startup section at NGR with 5sec delay with a change value for the led event (don't work without significant delay)

so now after reset/poweron the strartup status work as I want and it remove the other led light bug...

I don't really get the whole thing, little obscure to me, look like some conflict between initial start-up value of an event and opposite value of the same event due to other conditional event (which flip initial value)

Best

Zam

• 8 months later...

Hey people!

The NG manual says that it's possible to dim LEDs which are in a matrix. I now have some LED-rings for encoders and I'd like to dim them to get a smooth transition between the LEDs. Is that possible?

Here is what I've tried:

RESET_HW

DOUT_MATRIX n= 1   rows=8 inverted=1  sr_dout_sel1= 1  sr_dout_r1= 2 sr_dout_r2= 3  

EVENT_ENC    id=  6  hw_id =  6  bank=1  fwd_id=LED_MATRIX:6    fwd_to_lcd=1  type=CC     chn= 1 cc= 21   range=  0:127 offset=  0 ports=1000100000001000

EVENT_LED_MATRIX id=6 type=cc cc=21 dimmed=1 colour=0 ports=1000100000001000

Any hints on this? 

Thanks!
Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bug report:

fwd_id=LED_MATRIX:x does not work for EVENT_AINSER. I have some LED-bars next to the faders... if I use this code:

EVENT_ENC    id=  1  hw_id =  1  bank=1  fwd_id=LED_MATRIX:1  type=CC   chn= 1 cc= 16   range=  0:127

it works perfectly. And if I use this code:

EVENT_AINSER    id= 10  hw_id = 10  bank=1  type=CC   chn= 1 cc= 80   range=  127:0 fwd_id=LED_MATRIX:1

nothing happens. Of course I configured the AINSER correctly... the fader does work but the values are not forwarded to the LED_MATRIX. I tried to use some EVENT_SENDER / RECEIVER code to get a workaround but that wasn't working too...

Thanks,
Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

I confirm that this can be confusing: encoders define a default matrix pattern, other events won't, hence no pattern is displayed.

If you add "led_matrix_pattern=1" to EVENT_AINSER it will work

With the next version all events will get this default assignment

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi TK,

I try to load automatically another NGC file when the MIDIbox boots up. I tried to use a NGR-script which includes the load-command (like documented on ucapps). But if I do so, the terminal gives me the message, that the LOAD-command is no longer supported... hm... I remember that this worked some time ago...
Is there any other command that replaces the load-command?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

from the source code:

DEBUG_MSG("[MBNG_FILE_R:%d] ERROR: the LOAD command is not supported anymore!", line); // let's see if somebody really needs this...

It will be difficult to provide a solution because of conceptial changes, how the NGR script is parsed and executed.
There is no replacement
So - it can take some time until a solution will be available again

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ah okay! Is it possible to load another NGC by pressing a button? :)

The reason why I ask: I now had a few times the strange behaviour that my default.ngc was partly overwritten by the "stock" default.ngc, that MIOS installs when no default.ngc is available. I don't know where that comes from. Using another NGC is just a workaround.

Edited by FantomXR

Dear TK,

sure! It's not a problem now calling it manually :-)

But I have another question: I have some LED-rings here and I'd like to use one of these LEDs as status-LED for the switch of the encoder. I configured the encoder like this:

EVENT_ENC      id=1    fwd_id=LED_MATRIX:8    type=NRPN   chn= 1 nrpn=301 range=  0:127 led_matrix_pattern=1

And the switch like this:

EVENT_BUTTON id=101 hw_id=32 fwd_id=LED:1127 radio_group=1 button_mode=OnOnly range=1:1

The switch itself is working but as soon as I move the encoder the switch-LED goes off. I thought it has something to do with the led-matrix-pattern. But as you can see the last LED is not adressed here:

LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 0  pattern=0100000000000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 1  pattern=1100000000000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 2  pattern=1101000000000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 3  pattern=1111000000000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 4  pattern=1111010000000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 5  pattern=1111110000000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 6  pattern=1111110100000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 7  pattern=1111111100000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 8  pattern=1111111101000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos= 9  pattern=1111111111000000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos=10  pattern=1111111111010000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos=11  pattern=1111111111110000
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos=12  pattern=1111111111110100
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos=13  pattern=1111111111111100
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos=14  pattern=1111111111111101
LED_MATRIX_PATTERN n= 1  pos=15  pattern=1111111111111101

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

2 hours ago, FantomXR said:

Ah okay! Is it possible to load another NGC by pressing a button? :)

The reason why I ask: I now had a few times the strange behaviour that my default.ngc was partly overwritten by the "stock" default.ngc, that MIOS installs when no default.ngc is available. I don't know where that comes from. Using another NGC is just a workaround.

It happen to me too.

I suspect it's when you have hardware I/O in the SR chain that don't have any event definition in the NGC.

I don't go further with this for the moment so it's just speculative.

since just add:

EVENT_BUTTON  hw_id=

to my 8 unused DIN pin, I don't remember having this issue again.

Another suspect is one of my SDcard, which is prone to corrupt file, and after powerON or reset it end sometime in a big mess when you look at the .NGC

Best

Zam

Hey people,

I have a question regarding banks:
I have my workstation set up with different banks (see the other thread Story of keyboard build). The idea was, to assign the banks to different controllers in my live-host on my computer. So f.e. the first bank controls the volumes, the second bank controls the drawbars, etc.
Now it's the case, that every patch in my live-host contains different settings for drawbars and volumes of course and when I select this patch all these values are send out by the live-host to the MIDIbox. The "problem" is that the MIDIbox only listens to that bank, that is selected and the other banks do not change their values. Is there a workaround for that so that the MIDIbox listens on all banks for value-changes?

Thanks,
Chris

The load command is supported now! :)

-> http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_ng_v1_036_pre3.zip

On 22.12.2016 at 7:07 PM, FantomXR said:

But I have another question: I have some LED-rings here and I'd like to use one of these LEDs as status-LED for the switch of the encoder. I configured the encoder like this:

Problem understood - but MBNG currently doesn't allow to remove a LED from the pattern.
There is currently no solution/workaround for this use case

On 28.12.2016 at 3:01 PM, FantomXR said:

I have a question regarding banks:
I have my workstation set up with different banks (see the other thread Story of keyboard build). The idea was, to assign the banks to different controllers in my live-host on my computer. So f.e. the first bank controls the volumes, the second bank controls the drawbars, etc.
Now it's the case, that every patch in my live-host contains different settings for drawbars and volumes of course and when I select this patch all these values are send out by the live-host to the MIDIbox. The "problem" is that the MIDIbox only listens to that bank, that is selected and the other banks do not change their values. Is there a workaround for that so that the MIDIbox listens on all banks for value-changes?

The event will take over the value, regardless if it's defined in the selected bank or not (otherwise this feature wouldn't make much sense... ;-)

Are you using the set_lock command in your .NGR script?
This command would allow to lock the value so that it can't be overwritten from an incoming MIDI message.

Best Regards, Thorsten.