MB64E quickacces patch from button?

anderspe

So I've built my first midibox (mb64e). I'm going to use it as a foot controller where I can store and recall the encoder and button settings for different patches.

At the moment it's working exactly as it's supposed to by having 4 dedicated bank recall buttons (FF 02 0n for the buttons). So when I press button 1 it changes to bank 1 patch 1, button 2 bank 2 patch 1 etc.)

The problem is that it takes a second or two to change bank - and since I'm gonna use this for playing live, it's too slow. Changing patches, however, is instant.

So is there a "quick access" switch to patch button meta event?

Kind regards,

Anders

Hi Anders,

I'm surprised that it takes so much time to switch between the banks.

Could you please check, if you've enabled the "AUTO_SNAPSHOT" option, which dumps all events of a bank to the MIDI OUT interface on every bank change?

You could check this with a MIDI monitor.

This would take some time - the MIDI bandwidth is the bottleneck.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Anders,

I'm surprised that it takes so much time to switch between the banks.

Could you please check, if you've enabled the "AUTO_SNAPSHOT" option, which dumps all events of a bank to the MIDI OUT interface on every bank change?

You could check this with a MIDI monitor.

This would take some time - the MIDI bandwidth is the bottleneck.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Auto_snapshot was not enabled. I tried to enable it, but that changed nothing....

I checked this by measuring the delay caused by the Bank Load - and noticed that it was actually done twice! ;-)

So: please try this version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/midibox64e_v2_2e.zip

Now it takes ca. 300 mS to load a bank. Unfortunately I can't make it faster due to the huge bank size (8 groups are loaded at once)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I checked this by measuring the delay caused by the Bank Load - and noticed that it was actually done twice! ;-)

So: please try this version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/midibox64e_v2_2e.zip

Now it takes ca. 300 mS to load a bank. Unfortunately I can't make it faster due to the huge bank size (8 groups are loaded at once)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Cool! 300 ms should be fast enough. I'm just on my way on christmas vacation, but I'll check it out when I come home next week.

Thanks a lot!!