diy mb808 questions

iorobyy

Hello
I’m Rob from Venice – Italy and i’m a synth and audio stuffs Diyer.
Well after midibox sid and fm now i’m building a diy like-mb808 drumachine but there are a lot
of infos in ucapps and in 808 doug site .....i’ve mixed all and now i’m little confused.
I’ve built all the ucapps hardware modules bought from smash tv : core with 18-620 pic , 2x din , 2 x dout.
I’ve flashed code “setup_808_with_swingpot†and all is working , i’ve connected all dins, buttons are ok
But now i’m wiring the dout and i’m a little confused about shift registers outs.
I hope someone could help me :
First question : where i take trigger signals for instruments? (the 16 step-leds are also triggers out?)
Second question : i think i’ve flashed the wrong firmware version for my hardware what are the differences about versions in
“midibox_808_v1_3a†pack? someone have a correct pin list for dout pins with “setup_808_with_swingpot†and showtech modules?
sorry for the confusion--- brain sssstormiiinggg!!

Thanks a lot

Rob

Hi Rob,

First question : where i take trigger signals for instruments? (the 16 step-leds are also triggers out?)

Have a look into the setup_mb808_default.asm file (which is also referenced by setup_808_with_swingpot.asm)

; Following table allows you to define
;   - the track names (must consist of exactly 6 characters!)
;   - the DOUT shift registers (SR) to which the drum triggers are connected
;     (1-16; 0 disables assignment)
;   - the DOUT pin to which the drum triggers are connected (0-7)
;     Note: since version v1.3 the "real" Dx pin number (D0..D7) has to be specified, in previous releases it was mirrored!
;   - the MIDI output port (0=disabled, 1=Default, 2=Internal, 3=IIC1, 4=IIC2, 5=IIC3, 6=IIC4, 7=Trigger Only)
;   - the AOUT/CV channel to output velocity (1-16, 0=disabled)
;     Note: AOUT module only supports 8 highres channels, but CV outputs can also be realized with DOUTs (see DEFAULT_CV_DOUT* option)
DEFAULT_TRKINFO MACRO
    ;;       Name     SR  Pin MPort AChn
    db  "BD    ",  1,  6,   1,    0 ; Track 1
    db  "SD    ",  1,  5,   1,    0 ; Track 2
    db  "LT/LC ",  1,  4,   1,    0 ; Track 3
    db  "MT/MC ",  1,  3,   1,    0 ; Track 4
    db  "HT/HC ",  1,  2,   1,    0 ; Track 5
    db  "CP    ",  1,  1,   1,    0 ; Track 6
    db  "MA    ",  1,  0,   1,    0 ; Track 7
    db  "RS/CL ",  4,  7,   1,    0 ; Track 8
    db  "CB    ",  4,  6,   1,    0 ; Track 9
    db  "CY    ",  4,  4,   1,    0 ; Track 10
    db  "OH    ",  4,  3,   1,    0 ; Track 11
    db  "CH    ",  4,  2,   1,    0 ; Track 12
    db  "Ext1  ",  0,  0,   1,    0 ; Track 13
    db  "Ext2  ",  0,  0,   1,    0 ; Track 14
    db  "Ext3  ",  0,  0,   1,    0 ; Track 15
    db  "Acc.  ",  7,  0,   7,    0 ; Track 16
    ENDM

this is also the place, where you could change the pinning - the .asm file has to be recompiled to a new .hex with the MIOS8 toolchain as described here: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=windows_toolchain_quickstart

Second question : i think i’ve flashed the wrong firmware version for my hardware what are the differences about versions in
“midibox_808_v1_3a” pack? someone have a correct pin list for dout pins with “setup_808_with_swingpot” and showtech modules?

the complete configuration is described (and can be customized) in the .asm files

Best Regards, Thorsten.