MIDIBOX NG SD CARD PROBLEM

Vinylrider

Hello,

i have just assembled my first LPC core and i will use the MIDIBOX NG firmware.

i have also made the sd card adaptor as in the schematics.For a memory card i use a 4 gb micro sd.

When i open the core i get the message that there is NO sd card pluged.

when i write on the terminal the command "sdcard" i get this :    attached file at the bottom "reply.jpg"

I have checked 4 times all the connections from j16 to sd card adaptor and from the j16 to the pins of the LPC.

I have also checked the presence of 3,3 volt and all seem perfect!

I can't find what am i do wrong. I am waitting for suggestions in order to continue my project.

thanks in advance

post-11562-0-96820700-1357741323_thumb.j

On http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_sdcard.pdf the schematic shows DO connecting to DO.  But the "NOTE:" says DO connects to SI and DI connects to SO.  I found this confusing and by looking at other schematics, found that DO of the core did have to go to the SI of the card.  Maybe you have the 2 signals reversed?

The schematic in your post shows the correct connections to make.

Note the "notch" on left of J1. This is how the connector (actually called J16 on the LPC17 Core) is viewed looking down on the core PCB. 

SI and SO are just the names of the signals in the core circuit. If you look at the pin called J1.DO this is the same as J16.SI on the core_lpc17 circuit.

The schematic in your post shows the correct connections to make.

Note the "notch" on left of J1. This is how the connector (actually called J16 on the LPC17 Core) is viewed looking down on the core PCB. 

SI and SO are just the names of the signals in the core circuit. If you look at the pin called J1.DO this is the same as J16.SI on the core_lpc17 circuit.

yes i know but i gave it a try and i changed the cables. i but them back now.

yes i know but i gave it a try and i changed the cables. i but them back now.

I have no idea what this means.

Re-check the SD Card on a computer to make sure you have not damaged it.

The schematic and also the series of photo's showing how to wire the SD Card on ucapps.de are correct. Follow the photos.