Unable to load bootloader updater after MBNG

KUI

Hi All,

Working excitedly with the new MBNG release. I am unable to get the bootloader updater into my lp17 to change my display lay out.

I get "upload aborted due to error #14: Invalid Sysex command".

Any thoughts, this also happens when I try to reload lcv2.

Thanks in Advance

KUI

I think you have to load the Bootloader with the LPCexpresso software and the board we like to cut off - then over USB ... After that, load the MBNG via Midi... (sorry, i can't check because i don't have my board by me right now...)

Edited by novski

Yes v1.010. After using the boot strap I was able to upload other hex. ie 4x4usb or lcv2, and change between them. If I re upload mbng I have to use the boot strap again to upload the boot loader updater or any thing other hex. nice work Thanks KUI

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm stocking on the same problem...

A bit embarassing but...could you explain me how to do that please? I mean, what is the "bootloader hold strap"?

Right now I have the "NG application" installed, I tryed to upload a new application but it always appear the same message like you, even when I try to upload the "bootloader update v01.010, do I need another software aside Mios Studio to "reset" it? Should I go back to the LPC Expresso starting procedure?

thanks in advance

best regards

gianluki

Doneee!!!!

thanks a lot for the link!!...more then usefull!!!..I don't tell you how many "key" words I tryed before you came with the right link.

I'm able again to re-upload an application, as personal experience (Mac user), I notice that the sequence of "powering off-on" the core and "quit-open" the Mios Studio software influence a lot the success of this procedure...I got the concept of "how it works"...but I had to try/repeat it different times until it really worked :smile:....or maybe Im just too newbie :smile: .

thanks again!

best regards

gianluki

Are you using the direct USB connection to the Core or a USB to Midi interface? - because there is a blacklist of interfaces that don't transmit sysex data correctly. Maybe its because of that... You can find it also in the Wiki area... Im also working with OSX over USB Core connection and don't have those experiences about a not responding MIOS Studio nor Core...

Best Regards

Novski