USB bulk transfer issues under WinXP

GMAprogrammer

Hey Folks,

Got a small issue with Midibox_NG and cant really say if its a MIOS Studio Error, an Application Problem or a Driver Problem. If im in the wrong Thread with this request please place it where it belongs.

So now the Problem: I just updated my LPC17 Core to newest Version of the MIOS32 Bootloader. Than i installed the newest Version of the Midibox_NG Application to it. Finaly installed the new Driver for WinXP (GM5)

When i now open MIOS Studio it correctly find the Core. all seems to be fine i can send commands to the core, i can enter "msd on" usw.

Now i wanted to use the new Filebrowser to take a look at the Midibox_NG Config files on my SD Card. So i opened and Updated it. I get 4 Files displayed by the Filebrowser i think this is the normal amount. So now i choosed the Default.NGC (Same issue for the Default.NGL) and pressed Edit Text. The Filebrowser starts to load the Files from the Core. After some sec. It freezes and Displays:" No response from MIOS32 core during read Operation!"

I can acces the Files "manually" via SD Card and "msd on" but it would be nice to get the Filebrowser working.

Hope for your suggestions to solve it.

Best wishes Alexander

Edited by GMAprogrammer

I created a separate topic.

In order to get a better understanding of this issue, it would be interesting if the bulk transfers are working when only a single USB port is enabled?

Please try this version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_ng_v1_012_pre1_singleusbport.zip

(Core module has to be re-powered after installation, MIOS Studio has to be restarted after power-cycling)

And please try it with and without the GM5 driver

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hey Thorsten,

i have tested various combinations. At first there seems to be an issue with the GM5 Driver for 64-Bit. This morning i tested it on my 32-bit maschine there the installation was succesfull.

Ok i tested your new _NG Version on the 32 bit Machine: Same issues with and without the driver.

Best regards

Alexander

Edit: Driver issue 64-Bit Picture

Update: OK under Win8 64-Bit without the driver and your Version of NG it works as it should as far as can say now. I can edit the Files from MIOS Studio.

post-10542-0-54546700-1358603821_thumb.p

Edited by GMAprogrammer

The 64-bit OS was Windows 8. So do i have any negatvs from not using the driver?

[German]

OK das war vorhin falsch formuliert von mir deswegen nochmal schnell auf Deutsch: Ich hab den 64-bit treiber auf meinem Widows 8 PC versucht zu instalieren dabei kam der Error. Nicht auf einem 32-bit XP das kann ja nicht funktionieren.

Ich habe den 32-bit Treiber unter XP instaliert und da funktioniert der treiber dafür habe ich Porbleme mit dem Filebrowser. Treiber deinstallieren hilft nicht.

gruß Alexander

Edited by GMAprogrammer