(S) Sale request 2 midiboxes - see message for details

eufex

Hi

Request to sell my two midibox constructions (which were midibox of the month a long time ago), as I just don't get the use out of them anymore.

One unit is a 2xLC

controllers_zps224ea8d0.jpg

The other is a controller for Live, or whatever else you may wich to configure it for, with 3 cores and is fully loaded.

I've looked at 'Manage Classifieds' under my user name and it says I don't have permissino to do anything - maybe that's because I've not been here for a long time?

I've no idea of price/value. I know what the component costs were all those years ago and I know how many man hours it took but that's about it.

The 2XLC box is currently fully functional. The Three core live box is also fully functional but has an internal short somewhere which means that to get the cores to boot correctly you have to switch the unit on a couple of times before it all fires up correctly. Apart from that, it all works. Even if someone didn't want them as units as are, there's a LOT of components in there to re-use, though it would be a shame to break them up.

Like any home-made piece of kit they do require maintenance to keep them operational but that comes cheap when compared to (say) sending a unit back to Mackie for repair.

Yeah, I know, I'm nuts...but I'm building another midibox and I also need the room...

Hello stranger! wow long time, you still over at banging tunes then? i haven't been on there in a long time. Still keeping up with mr Parkes though on facebook

I may know someone who could be interested in them. Need an idea of pricing though. let me know what you are thinking of and i can pass the info on, also if needed can you email me over some hi res pics?

thanks

ssp

Hi ssp. no I don't go on BT anymore :) Often 'speak' with Si myself on Facebook, so you can hit me up there. I'm on there as me and also a Fan page. Or Twitter, or just about anywhere on the net really ;)

As to price, I really have no idea. All I can say is that both boxes together cost well above £2000 and took, I guess, over 2000 man hours to build. But what they're worth..they're worth what someone is prepared to pay for them but the motor faders and panasonic faders in the live box are worth a fair bit just by themselves.

Here's some more pictures, these are the best I can do in the low light conditions in the studio.

DSCN5848_zps2664f41d.jpgDSCN5858_zps6c12c540.jpgDSCN5857_zpscbee4fd3.jpgDSCN5856_zps3d36ab58.jpgDSCN5855_zps0776a5f3.jpgDSCN5854_zpsb42fef88.jpgDSCN5853_zpsb30c1b0b.jpgDSCN5851_zps8451e05d.jpg