Wylany

Hi guys.

I created account to ask you something. I've just get a midibox of unknown origin. Connected and tried to learn my keyboard a few ccs. On the cc chart i can see thare should be a velocity but this box don't  understand velo at all. Is this a construction, program or what issue?

I hope this isn't any stupid question but I'm not any ingeneer, just wanna play this gear.

Thanks in advance

Velocity isn't terribly sensitive on the SID, but it does work (actually better than I thought it would). If you want tight control, you'd have to look at adding a VCA, the designs of which are peppered around the forum and wiki. You have to add a whole CV section for that to work but may be something to consider.

Haven't tried myself, but I guess it would make sense controlling sustain with velocity, providing attack and decay is both zero?

Edit: Oh, okay. No display might add some difficulties. But I guess you could load a patch created on another box.

Edited by Johey

This box is very simple, doesn't even have any display, so no chance to map anything :/

Probbably adding CV will work for me but don't have any idea of it. I'm not really familiar with electronics. I'm a musician.

You can use the CTRLR panel or perhaps the older MBSID software to setup custom patches and map things however you like. It's no repalcement for a full control surface, but it'll get the job done fairly well.