awesome !!!

I just request a quote for 200 of these : http://www.top-up.com.tw/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=TSBL6AV-BS&Category=131548

I will update my post here to tell you the price of them.

Ender

Subject: Notice of Top-Up's Chinese New Year Holiday

Dear Sirs,

Top-Up head office will be off on 06 FEB. 2013 and resume on 19 February 2013.
Any inquiry, please send them to us via email or fax, we will reply them once we are back to the office.

Please kindly note but excuse if we don't get back to you right away during the time.  
Your attention and understanding will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Top-Up Industry Corp.
Tel : 886-3-3380787
Fax : 886-3-3380767
sales@top-up.com.tw
www.top-up.com.tw
http://www.globalsources.com/topup.co
http://top-up.en.alibaba.com/

I guess we have to wait then ^^

i got some of those illuminated encoders for my mb_seq (from somewhere else). they´re pretty nice, but they do not fit on a standard pcb with a 0,1 inch grid. one has to make up a workaround for these.

i would be very interested in prices if anyone gets a hold of whoever is in charge there. 

Edited by JEFinster

• 9 months later...
Bourns also make those illuminated pots and they're available @ mouser and rs.

Does anybody have some longterm experience with the Bourns LED encoders concerning quality? I ordered a bunch of green ones for my MB6582 from Mouser. Unfortunately, they only have the green ones for horizontal mount. So I have to improvise a bit with the orientation and some mounting brackets.

Somehow, the encoders don't look very sturdy. So, before I go into modification, it would be nice to know, if they are reliably and don't break off or skip steps after a short time.

Anybody?  

I'm also not sure, if the LEDs are bright enough to use with the new milky ALBS Waldorf knobs. But that mystery will be solved, as soon as I get some knobs. 

Does anybody have some longterm experience with the Bourns LED encoders concerning quality?

Hi Andy,

here is a recent thread regarding Bourns (without LED rings or knob illumination) quality:

I would advise against them and recommend the Alpha encoders :smile:.

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

I'm also not sure, if the LEDs are bright enough to use with the new milky ALBS Waldorf knobs. But that mystery will be solved, as soon as I get some knobs. 

I'll include a free clear knob sample, if you post pics :smile:

Edited by kristal=

@Hawkeye: The thread about the Bourns non-illuminated knobs was the reason for my request...

The non-illuminated ones I would use instead, would be the ones from SmashTV. I beliefe, these are Bourns ones as well (don't have one at hand). Anyways, compared to the LED version, they already look and feel a lot more sturdy. 

@kristal: Of course, I will take some pics of the milky knob and can do a comparison to the clear version, if you include me a sample. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go with a short test of ALBS Waldorf knobs on illuminated Bourns encoders. I found it quite hard to take pictures which show how the knobs look in reality, as the illumination seems to get enhanced on the dark and reduced on the bright pictures. Anyways, here we go with three knob samples transparent blue, clear and milky from left to right/ top to bottom in different lighting conditions. I use the green illuminated Bourns encoders at 1.9V with 14mA. The current could be enhanced to max. 20mA, but suits for the comparison. As you can see, blue doesn't work very well with the green LED, so it's more about clear vs. The new milky option. The clear knob obbiously shines a bit brighter and produces a brighter reflection on the white surface the knobs are on. From the side, it has the interesting inside view with a kind of lens effect, as people who use them know it from theyr own illumination work. The milky knob however has much more even light filling on both sides, the top and the side. Unfortunately, the brightness noticeably decreases down the side from top to bottom.

As mentioned, the green illumination on the photos looks a bit brighter in dark lighting conditions and a bit dimmer in bright lighting conditions compared to real life. My subjective impression is, that both, milky and clear knob look fantastic in no light and dim light conditions. With bright surrounding light, the milky still looks fantastic from the top but looses the effect a bit on the side. I am looking forward to receive some SMD LEDs and do another comparison.

post-17274-0-05551500-1386829567_thumb.jpost-17274-0-47272000-1386829612_thumb.jpost-17274-0-83600800-1386829736_thumb.jpost-17274-0-15238600-1386829781_thumb.jpost-17274-0-04703200-1386829806_thumb.j

...followup: The three LEDs where killed seconds after this post has been published by trying to max out the current with a potentiometer...leads shorted, bang. Now I have only 13 left for my MB6582, grrrr :-(

Edited by Highcooley
  • Like 1