MIDI IO 128 : Can't get DOUTs work

chapelier fou

Hi

I getting desperate...i've assembled my MIDI IO128. Got 4 DOUTs and 4 DINs.

Everything seems to be working, recognized by the computer etc. I can produce notes in with the DINs as expected.

The thing is i want to use the DOUTs to turn leds on and off when receiving notes, but no success. I just don't know how t wire the DOUTs.

The weird thing is that in the MIDI IO128_v3 interconnection diagram, the J8/J9 is split into 2 5 pin connectors. I can link my 4 DINs in series and it works, but no luck with the DOUTs. 

Any help ?

thank you

louis

do you have the DOUT / IN PCBs with 4 registers upon? the ones i got from SmashTV have a DIL 10Pin Header and the DIN are to be connected to the Front Row and the DOUT to the Back Row. DOUT are Connected to J8 and DIN to J9.

did you already see those schematics:

http://ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_doutx4_32leds.pdf

http://ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_32buttons.pdf

Hi Louis,

Have you tried to connect only your DOUT chain to the J8/J9 connector and then from MIOS STUDIO typed in the command “set dout all 1†to your LPC17 core and see if this works? I suspect that you have the older DIN card R4 or earlier that has a wire missing to rout the output data thru the DIN card. The following came from the change log of the DIN board R5 from SmashTV.

Routed SO from J1 to J2 (so a DIN:DOUT chain is possible)

To fix this add wires to all your DIN cards on the SO pin.  This should allow you to dassy-chain your Din & Dout cards.

Pete

do you have the DOUT / IN PCBs with 4 registers upon? the ones i got from SmashTV have a DIL 10Pin Header and the DIN are to be connected to the Front Row and the DOUT to the Back Row. DOUT are Connected to J8 and DIN to J9.

did you already see those schematics:

http://ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_doutx4_32leds.pdf

http://ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_32buttons.pdf

Thanks, yeah, i've seen this. So how are you supposed to wire them from the J8/9 connector ? Split it in two ? Also in this DOUT schematics, the ground line is spotted on J5, but i assume it's on all of them, ain't it ?

Hi Louis,

Have you tried to connect only your DOUT chain to the J8/J9 connector and then from MIOS STUDIO typed in the command “set dout all 1†to your LPC17 core and see if this works? I suspect that you have the older DIN card R4 or earlier that has a wire missing to rout the output data thru the DIN card. The following came from the change log of the DIN board R5 from SmashTV.

Routed SO from J1 to J2 (so a DIN:DOUT chain is possible)

To fix this add wires to all your DIN cards on the SO pin.  This should allow you to dassy-chain your Din & Dout cards.

Pete

Didn't try this specifically, but did try with only a DOUT connected and played midi notes from ableton live : my led never flashed.

Anyway, thank you very much, it feels like im on the good way, just need to clear my mind and unstress a bit...

Gonna keep you informed ASAP. I let my gear at the school im working in. 

Edited by chapelier fou

Thanks, yeah, i've seen this. So how are you supposed to wire them from the J8/9 connector ? Split it in two ? Also in this DOUT schematics, the ground line is spotted on J5, but i assume it's on all of them, ain't it ?

I have 1 x 5pin SIL Cables for each: DIN one and DOUT one...

Pin 1 one the J8/9 is GND. 

Do you have this PCB from SmashTV?

post-10711-0-40535700-1361378408_thumb.j