Virtual BLM with Seq v4L

Ajax

Hello there everybody, I am about 95% to getting the virtual BLM osx application to work with my sequencer v4L. The issue that I am running into is that after setting the blm_port on the seq v4L through MIOS studio it seems to no longer pass sequencer midi information out through MIDI OUT 1, the blm is working with the sequencer, but I am unable to get it to send midi through the usual midi interface rather than the USB MIDI. I would use OSC but I do not have an ethernet port to solder to my LPC core. If anyone knows how to route this information through MIOS I would be very appreciative, thank you :]

-ajax

Hi Ajax,

did you already try to set "BLM_SCALAR_Port 0x11", and to use the second USB MIDI Port for the communication with the virtual BLM?

Or: could it be, that you don't see the 4 USB MIDI Ports after the installation of the latest MBSEQ V4L Release?

If you only see a single USB MIDI Port: Did you already update the USB Interface definitions in the Audio/MIDI Setup of MacOS?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Update: I just noticed, that the V4L update which enables 4 USB-MIDI ports hasn't been released yet.

You will find it here: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4l_071_pre2.zip

After the update, you have to:

- enter the Audio-MIDI-Setup of MacOS

- disconnect the core module from USB

- delete the interface in the Audio-MIDI-Setup

- connect the core module to USB again

Thereafter you should see an interface with 4 USB MIDI Ports:

macos_midi_setup.png

Best Regards, Thorsten.

by the way, I want to be just like you, what should I start studying? :P

electronic magazines! :smile:

There were much better ones than today at the time I started anno 1990, such as Elrad which was never replaced by something comparable.

Best Regards, Thorsten.