Editing LPC mio file

John_W._Couvillon

My organ relay components are all midibox LPC-17, core 8, DOUTS and DINS,  and the USB port on the USB is connected to a pc running linux ubuntu / jOrgan.

when I attempt to transfer the mio file from the SD card to the computer to edit it,  the directory does not come up as  it does  with  windows.

Is it not possible to edit the MIO file in Ubuntu, and save it back to the SD card? 

Do I have to go back to windows, transfer the file, edit it, save back to the SD card, then reboot in windows, Pain!

Lastly, is there a linux version of mios studiio? 

johnc

The Linux version is available at the bottom of this page http://www.ucapps.de/mios_studio.html

You can use the integrated Filebrowser of MIOS Studio to edit the .MIO file, it's much easier (and should also work under Linux)

No need to use the MSD function anymore (actually I consider to remove it from most applications because it doesn't work properly on most systems and only confuses users)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I hope the MDS function is not removed from the Midio128 V3.  It is working fine with the new boot loader that supports the 4 USB ports.  It is very important to also install the GM5 driver midibox.org_gm5_X64_1.0.10.zip if you want to use any USB ports on the Windows 7 - 64 bit machines.  If its not installed, then it is very difficult to get the USB ports to connect properly and Mios Studio won't work reliably.  You can tell its installed because the port names are shown as  "GM Port 1-4".

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Pete,

I have done all of that, including the GM5 driver upgrade, although i am using  XP on my pc.  i can still use MSD, and per you comments, it works properly, however, i can not get the file browser to work to simplyfi the editing process of the .mio file.

Questiion:  When upgrading to later releases of mios studiio, is it necessary to start fresh with a newer version of the base .MIO file, and edit it?  i have been using the same .mio file all along. loading it to the LPC core with MSD. 

Johnc