Power Option D - Use 7 pin DIN from mb-6582 kit?

_lex

Bit of an electronic noob here..  building with 6281x 8.

I am curious if i can use the 7 pin din that comes with the SmashTV kit as a power connector for my Meanwell RPT-60b supply?  I did not populate the power regulation circuit and i was wondering if i can just solder on some wires to the pins and connect to J4.

I had also read on another thread that someone had done this bit used some of the caps as power conditioning.  Any tips/instructions on how i could do this?

thanks!

I've done it that way: post-8317-0-24517400-1363700098_thumb.pn

Using the 7pin Connector and a MeanWell RPT-60B

However I only use 6582 (9V) and don't need to connect the 12V path on the board (beside feeding the 7809)

For the 12V path you could solder a wire from J25 upper pin (beside the rectifier) to J4 lowest pin

You could leave the 7809 out if you don't need 9V

I highly recomend to solder the capacitors C1...C4 !!!!!

and C11...C12 for the 9V path if used

If you don't need the -12V you don't have to connect it.

I'll use it for the CV-OUT Option (AOUT-NG Modul) and further I want to add an Opamp-Mixer for the 4 SID Modules. If all this doesn't mean anything to you - don't worry about it! you could still connect the -12V later if needed.

C2 and C4 are 330nF = 0.33uF not 330uF - you can use standard ceramic or film capacitors e.g.: http://it.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TDK/FK24X7R1H334K/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuMW9TJLBQkXjcE1SaKS%2f8mCuct0Dgx3Ik%3d

capacity of C4 is not that critically, anything between 100nF and 1000nF will work

If you don't use 9V: 7809, C11 and C12 are obsolet

ah cool!  if you got any pics i would be curious to see how you wired up the rpt-60.  also, curious what you are planning to do with the CV outs and how that might interact with a modular system (i happen to be putting together a modular now..)?  i appreciate you help!