SID 1.1 Problem

Guest o3d

hi everyone :)

When I use the sid firmware 1.1 the LCD only displays 16 bars - thats it .. no copyright notice or sound when I play a  on my midikeyboard..

But when I use the sid test firmware it all works and I can even play the saw over my midi keyboard..

How can that be?

thanks 4 your help

:)

Thanks for that suggestion - I tried the 1.0 Version but it's the same problem.. :(

This is how it looks with version 1.0 or 1.1:

display_sid10_11.jpg

with the sid test firm V2 burned it works fine like this:

display_sidv2_ntro.jpg

and.

display_sidv2.jpg

Maybe I forgot something?

I got the LCD+CORE+SID connected - nothing more.

Do I have to connect anything else for this to work?

thanks again

thanks again 4 your help :)

I just tried the 1.1b but still got that weird display..

I don't know if this might have anything to do with the problem,but when I tested the core & midi in/out  with the rxtx burned - the display shows the copyright notice for less than a second and then:

display_rxtx.jpg

without beeing hooked up to any midi device..

the midi in/out works though  :-/

The messages are ok.

Hrmpf, I'm totally unsure why your display doesn't work with the SID firmware. Does it work with other firmwares like MB64, MB64SEQ or MB16E?

On the other hand: for the SID a LCD isn't required yet, it gives you no usefull messages.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

still the same ...the display and the sound won't work! it's like the core is frozen or something..

I just finished my second core module and tried  a new pic with the 1.0 and 1.1 firmware burned but it's the same....with the testware it works fine but not with the full one :(

I also tried the MB64 firm - got the same problem - but I'll give the MF and the 16E a try too ...

Hi,

did you really try it with a PIC16F877, or is it a PIC16F874 with half of the required program memory? When you read back the memory content with IC-Prog, do you see program code the program code from 0x1000-0x1fff?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi

it works now - thank you 4 your support!

I overlooked the pcb and all the soldered connections - then I went through all the options in ic-prog - burned sid1.1 -  and it works ..

hard to keep my eyes open today after that night of sid :)

Still don't know what went wrong. The Pic type should have been ok  and the verify funktion gave me ok too

anyways keep it up

thanks

O3d