[S] TPD (Track Position Display) PCBs for sale

ilmenator

A happy new year to all current and future TPD users :)

That is is the great thing about open source and hardware, that initial ideas and hardware hacks can evolve, when people find them interesting.

Ilmenator has done a great job and made a great PCB! Thanks! :flowers:

Cheers and have a great time! :)

Peter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I would LOVE to build the tpd, please put me down for this one if poss too. When get this going I will build a blm after that too.

Quant. | forum name

-----------------------

2 | taximan

2 | JohnnieBee

1 | monokinetic

1 | Acul

1 | rvlt

2 | smidirin

1 | =FFW=>

1 | verpeiler

(1 | jbdiver)

(2 | gtxdude)

(1 | chriss)

(1 | mokomo)

(1 | Marxon )

(1 | BlondGuy)

Happy New Year guys, nice to see some beautifully constructed systems.

Cheers

Guy

• 2 weeks later...

please add me for a tpd

Quant. | forum name
-----------------------
2 | taximan
2 | JohnnieBee
1 | monokinetic
1 | Acul
1 | rvlt
2 | smidirin
1 | =FFW=>
1 | verpeiler
(1 | jbdiver)
(2 | gtxdude)
(1 | chriss)
(1 | mokomo)
(1 | Marxon )
(1 | BlondGuy)

(1 I electrodancer)

Edited by electrodancer

Dear ilmenator. Please add me to the list. thx.

Quant. | forum name
-----------------------
2 | taximan
2 | JohnnieBee
1 | monokinetic
1 | Acul
1 | rvlt
2 | smidirin
1 | =FFW=>
1 | verpeiler
(1 | jbdiver)
(2 | gtxdude)
(1 | chriss)
(1 | mokomo)
(1 | Marxon )
(1 | BlondGuy)

(1 I electrodancer)

(2 I ken)

Here is the updated list for the upcoming batch of TPD boards:

2 | gtxdude
1 | mokomo
1 | Marxon
1 | BlondGuy

1 | electrodancer

2 | ken

2 | Dangerz

They should be here in about two weeks or so. Please adjust your "Notification Options" under "My Settings" such that you are notified (e.g. by email) when I send you a PM once the boards have arrived. Thanks guys!

ilmenator or Hawkeye can you help me with the SR config, just built mine and have some signs its working but the only config on the wiki is for seq including 16x4 blm. I have wilba pcb + tpd only. Or have i missed the config somewhere else on ucapps? Thanks too for a great addition. Not too much stress with the smd, plenty of space compared to some i have worked on.

Hi Smidirin,

Great, that you´ve got it all soldered up, and i am glad, Ilmenator created that fine PCB and TK improved the code!

This would be the relevant config section in the MBSEQ_V4.HW file - don´t change the 16x4 BLM section, but this one instead:

##################################################
# Optional LED Track Position Display 
# See also http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=tpd_pcb

# set to 1 or 2 to enable the relative track position display
# 0: TPD disabled
# 1: TPD enabled - columns are cathodes, rows are anodes
# 2: TPD enabled - columns are anodes, rows are cathodes
TPD_ENABLED 0

# define the DOUT shift register to which the columns are connected (0=disabled)
TPD_COLUMNS_SR_L 0

# for a 16x16 TPD: define the SR to which the right columns are connected (0=disabled, use only 8x8 TPD)
TPD_COLUMNS_SR_R 0

# define the DOUT shift register to which the green LED rows are connected (0=disabled)
TPD_ROWS_SR_GREEN_L 0

# define the DOUT shift register to which the right green LED rows are connected (0=disabled, use only 8x8 TPD)
TPD_ROWS_SR_GREEN_R 0

# define the DOUT shift register to which the red LED rows are connected (0=disabled)
TPD_ROWS_SR_RED_L 0

# define the DOUT shift register to which the right red LED rows are connected (0=disabled, use only 8x8 TPD)
TPD_ROWS_SR_RED_R 0

Also, have a look at the "optional bpm digits" and "optional step display" sections and modify those.

The newest MBSEQ V4 hardware config file is available for download here:

http://svnmios.midibox.org/listing.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_seq_v4%2Fhwcfg%2Fwilba%2F

Edit: there seems to be a slight problem web downloading files with the given svn repository link above - never mind, you could just click on the file, mark its contents and copy&paste it to your favourite editor.

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

To make it easy, you could simply count down the shift registers on the BLM 16x4 that are not physically there in your setup. The BLM 16x4 uses 6 DOUT SRs and 2 DIN SRs.

Starting from the config file in the Wiki (that includes the BLM 16x4 setup), in the part of the config file that Hawkeye is referencing above, reduce the number behind each TPD DOUT SR by 6, and behind each TPD DIN SR by 2. Also, make sure that you deactivate the BLM matrix, i.e. change

# Optional BLM Matrix

# set this value to 1 if each track has its own set of 16 LEDs to display unmuted steps and current sequencer position
# or if you are using a button/led matrix for misc. button/LED functions
BLM_ENABLED     1

to

# Optional BLM Matrix

# set this value to 1 if each track has its own set of 16 LEDs to display unmuted steps and current sequencer position
# or if you are using a button/led matrix for misc. button/LED functions
BLM_ENABLED     0

Once you have this up and running correctly, please send me your new config file and I'll add it to the Wiki for others!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So, turns out the LED matrixes I ordered are too big - had to order more.  In the meantime, I tried plugging my TPD module in without the LED matrixes.  I set up the config file (the TPD is connected to my wilba frontpanel).  The tempo encoder works, but the LED segment numbers don't seem to be working - two segments are lit on all the numbers, see the picture below.  Could this be because the LED matrixes are not soldered on yet, or is this a symptom of a soldering problem?

The 7-segment LED numbers are these ones:

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Kingbright/SC39-12GWA/?qs=JpELLRhtMc3ti3iuxtHgpw==

I want to make sure I haven't screwed up any of the SMD soldering under the LED matrixes before I solder them on.

post-20656-0-56278500-1408997583_thumb.j

Edited by borfo

I'm afraid this rather looks like a soldering problem on one or two of the pins on the ICs that are connected to the 7-segments. I am traveling until Friday evening so it is hard for me to diagnose remotely, but if you looked at the schematics in the Wiki you might see which are the pins at fault.