sammichSID - multitimbral in a DAW ?

cuca

Hello everybody. I have received today my sammichSID unit but im totally lost. Can somebody please answer my dubts / questions ? :

1 ) where can i get an instruction manual or something ?  i have been searching in google but can´t find manual / pdf or something to start. 

2 ) which software i need to import / export patches / sounds ? 

3 ) which software i need to play SID files ? 

4 ) where get the last firmware ? 

no more , for now is the only help i need . Very gratefull if somebody could help me . Thanks a lot .  Im a noob . 

greetings all sid maniacs, 

-cuca  , from Spain 

1 ) where can i get an instruction manual or something ?  i have been searching in google but can´t find manual / pdf or something to start. 

Go to www.ucapps.de and check the panel on the left (scroll down), there's a Midibox SID v2 Synth section with a link to the User Manual. Start with the First steps section and go on from there.

2 ) which software i need to import / export patches / sounds ?

I have used Rutger's Java-based editor, apparently it's not maintained anymore, but for me it works. There seems to be a newer editor available, but I haven't tried it (or them, if there's several). Check this link and under heading 'Alternative Editors': http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid_manual_ed.html

3 ) which software i need to play SID files ?

This one I cannot answer.

4 ) where get the last firmware ? 

Go to ucapps.de and check the panel on the left. At the top there's a section called MIOS, click 'MIOS8 Download'. There, among other things, you will find the newest MBSID firmware (at present v2_043).

Edited by jjonas

3) ASID XP if you're on windows. Use the forum search if you're on some *nix or OSX.

Generally. Use the forum search a bit more ;) A special google search suffixed with "site:midibox.org" is usually pretty helpful as well.

Thanks for help. Today i got a soft called mios and it helps to import and export patches and more. I will get the asid this night and try to play sid music into the sammichSID. I have listened to all the 128 presets, some of you guys know where can i get more patches / sounds ? Thanks again

hello i found the ASID player and it works with my sammichSID .But now i have a new question . how can i extract a sound from a SID tune and save it like a patch ? for example , i like the kick or the snare in a sid tune and i want to extract it and save it like  a patch / sound.  Do you know what i mean ? Need to do it in a DAW or something ? can i separate the channels in a SID tune with the sammichSID ?  many questions , i don´t know how to do it . Can somebody helps me ?

Hello. I would like to know if its possible to separate the sammichSID channels ( 1 to 6 for example)  in a DAW , for example , channel 1 = bass  , channel 2 = lead  , channel 3 = kick , channel 4 snare   , like a chiptune , like a sid track . Its possible to separate the channels ?  How do it ? can somebody with experience tell me how do that for example in Ableton LIVE ?   thanks 

• 1 month later...

On behalf of all the people who make up this really dead forum:

We're incredibly sorry for not supplying you with the support you so obviously deserve for a product which you either built yourself from designs that were worked on by numerous people over a bunch of years and given to you for free or which you bought pre-assembled - which means you didn't put any effort into anything at all. Since we so fatally failed in helping you, have a flower instead:  :flowers:

• 2 months later...