Editing a track in Song mode

Duggle

Going into Edit while a Song is playing works fine.

The track view shows the notes of the track as you would expect, then when the pattern changes according to the Song you see the notes change, all good.

Now if you change the notes, they change (again as you would expect), until the song moves into another pattern, but when the song returns the changes are gone, lost. 

Would it be possible (or indeed desirable) to have some kind of selectable autosave feature that allowed changed made (during Song mode as I have described) to be retained?

The problem with such a function: the save operation takes some time.

Normally you don't notice this, because it's done in background. But if it would be done before the sequencer switches to a new pattern, it would stall the engine for several mS, which is not desired (but also not avoidable).

In addition, I would have to overwork some routines, so that they flag changes. If the flag is not set (no changes in the pattern done), an autosave wouldn't be required (and this would avoid the unwanted stall)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I understand.

A (just as) useful solution would be a "one touch" save that if hit before the pattern changes would result in the changes being kept.

Is there a way (through an edit to the config) that would assign (even the session "save") such a function to a button? (without the separate action of going through a menu.)

Yes, just set the current BUTTON_* assignment for the F button to "0 0" in order to disable it, and then configure the appr. SR/pin combo for the upcoming BUTTON_SAVE or BUTTON_SAVE_ALL function.

Best Regards, Thorsten.