LPC17 and DIN

fourfour

I'm stuck again :/

I am new to hardware dev, I come form the software side of things. I appreciate everyones help getting me off the ground.

I have a DIN connected to J8 and a single button. I am trying to get the 'first steps' one button test to work. There is voltage and the button works.

Am I correct that the button gets wired to ground and D0? I get a voltage drop when the button is pressed, but nothing happens in MIOS.

Thanks!!

post-17366-0-55178300-1369076563_thumb.j

It sounds like the button is wired o.k
What about the core to DIN PCB connections?
With the power off and the multimeter set to continuity, check each of the 3 lines: clock, data, RC between the pads of J8 and the pins of the first shift register.

I scanned my PCB before soldering, i will attach it, so you can see the names of the Pins you are connecting.

Also check if you have bad connections. I can see pinheads with something on them like a D-Sub Female connection stuck in a Pinhed-female - why?

post-10711-0-42803700-1369151279_thumb.p

It all seems to be hooked up fine.

I just had some jumper wires laying around that I crimped some dsub connectors to. All those are passing current fine.

Do you have to #include a NGC file for it to load? Or does it load every file on the SD?

i can't follow you. 

there is a default .NGC witch will be loaded automatically. If you don't want to load automatically you can "set autoload off" (more in the help by tipping "help" in to the command line of MIOS32 application...)

hmm, i just recognized that you connected the cables on J1 to the inner row. Try the outside row.

no problem.

Just for information: the pins you used are for the DOUT modul connection.

They are bypassed over that pcb to make it possible to chain DIN and DOUT over a single DIL (Dual In Line) Ribon Cable...

cheers,

novski

• 2 months later...

Hi,

"autoload off" means, a file is not loaded automatically anymore, when you upload it onto your box or edit and save it in the editor.

If you disable this feature via Mios terminal, you can only load your scripts if you use the "load <script.ngc>" command in the terminal.

The default script always gets loaded, when you power up your box.

my regards