Mixer Map# currently selected jumps

Duggle

I'm working with mixer map #1 and #2 at the moment.

I'm finding when I go menu+GP1 ("mixer") the mixer map that comes up is #65 or #73. I then have to use Select to scroll to the mixer map I'm using.

Is this avoidable? (I'd prefer if it stayed on recently used #'s)

I've to revert my statement: while working on a new function, I noticed the same unexpected behaviour.

It turned out, that this is due to a function of the "Remix" feature, which isn't properly gated when Remix isn't used.

It will be fixed with the next version.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 year later...

hi, i have just replace the button scrub that i didn t use to use it for the remix pattern feature, it work great, but i have this problem with the last firmware 4.086 the mixer map 65 come back every time, i can t associate a mixer map with a pattern it s the thing i d like to do to change pattern in sync with my elektron analog rytm, is there a way to do it properly?

if i disable this option will i be able to associate a mixer to a track? i don t like to have to set a programm change on each step of tracks to select a patch on my synth for each track, or maybe i make a mistake and it s possible to disable program change on some steps?

The mixer map association is fixed with the pattern, not with a track.

The program change parameter layer type is not intended for your use case, it was a special request from a user who wanted to switch patches for each step.

Actually you are asking for a program change value which should be configured somewhere in the track configuration, and sent whenever you are changing a pattern, right?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thank you for your reply tk

yes, before my friend build me my midibox seq i was using an mpc,on it there was a thing i liked that was;

on each track i was able to associate a program change, that pc made his job to change my patch on my synth when i started my pattern then it didn t change again when my loop cameback to the beginning, so i wa able to tweack button and my patch was not reinisialized at every beginning of the pattern,

i think it would be nice to have a the possibility to set a program change on each track without the need to put a pc on each step, or maybe it would be possible to configure it like a 0 program change don t change the patch?

• 4 weeks later...

I spent some time to make this happen: MBSEQ finally provides a "Track Instrument" configuration page:

o new page: "Track Instrument"
     Can be selected with MENU->EVNT->Trk Inst (GP #8) or from the main page (after Track Event item)
     Allows to configure the MIDI port, channel and instrument name.

o the new Track Instrument page also allows to select Program Change and Bank (Low/High byte)
     If activated, these parameters will be sent when the sequencer is started and on pattern changes.
     Please note: a program and bank change can stall your synth so that the first note could be delayed!
     Use this function only when the device can handle patch changes quickly!

could you please help me to check if it works as expected?

Prebuilt firmware: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_087_pre5.zip

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 5 weeks later...

Although it seems that the requestor (benwa) has vanished and nobody else wanted to try this frequently requested feature, it's now released in V4.087 "as is" in the hope that I don't needs changes which conflicts with the updated documentation.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...
Although it seems that the requestor (benwa) has vanished and nobody else wanted to try this frequently requested feature, it's now released in V4.087 "as is" in the hope that I don't needs changes which conflicts with the updated documentation.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I actually very much want this feature but my Midibox Seq is in mid build right now.  In the next month it should be done and

I'll need this feature , so will report on testing it.