Pro Tools - HUI Emulation

fourfour

Hey everyone.

I am having trouble getting Pro Tools to respond to my controller. I have it setup in Pro Tools as HUI, but nothing seems to work.

Is there a setting I need to declare in MIOS for HUI Emulation? Or is that always available?

Setup:

LPC17

NG

DIN

Thanks!

-eric

(the attachment shows the MIOS in italics, I just had it unplugged when I did the screenshot)

post-17366-0-57665600-1370227937_thumb.p

What hardware do you have attached to DIN?

[edit]

It looks as though you have a generic NGC. You'll need one that supports a particular protocol.

Here is an example of a config that provides support for mackie/logic control protocols: here

Edited by Duggle

What hardware do you have attached to DIN?

[edit]

It looks as though you have a generic NGC. You'll need one that supports a particular protocol.

Here is an example of a config that provides support for mackie/logic control protocols: here

Hey Duggle.

I was thinking I needed something like this. Do I just replace my default NGC with this code?

I'm sorry I'm unfamiliar with the HUI protocols supported by Protools. 

If you can activate a Mackie mode in Protools then that would be a good start. (In fact the Mackie/Logic template may be the only HUI ngc config that is available at the moment.)

If you (or anyone) can crack the Protools protocol and write your own configuration then that would be an achievement because as far as I understand, PT is a "closed" system. (They want you to buy their equipment, so there's no open documentation).

I'm really no authority in this area, I'm afraid I'll have to leave it to others to comment further.

The folder in the repo that has the NGC I linked to is called "templates" I suppose because it is a configuration that provides specific functionality for a purpose, that's all. In a typical situation it would be renamed "default.ngc" and placed in the root dir of the sdcard.

My only advice for you at this stage is to read NG related manuals and do some tutorials, look at the Protools manual (sections relating to HUI or control surfaces, etc.)

Then come back, with insights, provide some background, your general intentions, etc, and ask more questions.

• 1 year later...

I know the Mackie HUI protocol is different to the Mackie Control, as to get my Behringer BCF2000 to work with ProTools, I had to change the emulation mode from Mackie Control to baby HUI mode.

If it's any help, I've found some data from a reverse-engineering of the HUI protocol.

HUI.pdf