Windows XP without ServicePack and ServicePack1 crashes

Hi,

I testet MIOS Studio 2.4.5 and noticed that it crashes under Windows XP without Service Pack and Service Pack 1 directly after start. XP Service Pack 2 and 3 are working.

I think, it´s not easy to change this, so it would be nice to mark it in the download page of MIOS Studio.

(Private question: Are you the the "Thorsten Klose" I know from Marburg?)

Bye

Jörg Schütte

Seriously, Windows XP is from 2001, SP1 is from 2002. We are talking about an OS which is more then a decade old. If you are still using something that old, you are bound to run into trouble. Maybe we should also mark MIOS as not Windows 95 compatible :pirate:

Hi Joerg,

welcome on board! Yes, we know each other from the time where I grew up in Hesse!

I guess that you are planning to build a MIDIbox SID, right? :)

MIOS Studio is a Juce based application, I fear that they don't support "vintage" operating systems anymore.

On the other hand, it works well with all popular OS today.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for your friendly reply. I was searching for old SID files and found the MIDIBox article in Wikipedia. I thought, the name "Thorsten Klose" I have heared somewhere and downloaded the MIOS Studio curiously.

My English is to bad to understand the instuctions to build your nice MIDI inventions. But never say never.

Nice to meet you here

Jörg