MIDIbox CV to work with Yamaha CSx

attrib

Good day MIDIbox community,

I'm thinking about making a MIDIbox CV for my Yamaha CS-10 synthesizer and I'm wondering if they'll work together.

The Yamaha CS-10 uses Hz/V of C1 = 0.25V, C2 = 0.50V, C3 = 1.00V, C4 = 2.00V.. and therefore have different voltages then (for example) the Korg synths.

I read in another topic () that there are problems getting the MIDIbox CV to work with these older Yamahas.

Does anyone have experience connecting a Yamaha CS to the MIDI CV? I really like to know if it will work. Or can someone give me some advice to make it work probably?

Otherwise I'll go and buy a Kenton Pro Solo but I prefer a DIY solution a lot more because I like to make things. I think the MIDIbox is interesting and a great project to work with!

Another quick question about the MIDIbox CV:

If I'll buy a MIDIbox core with a PIC that already includes a bootloader; do I need to buy a burner to write the MIDIbox CV application to the PIC?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Cesar

Hi Cesar,

I've no experience with the CS10.

Another quick question about the MIDIbox CV:

If I'll buy a MIDIbox core with a PIC that already includes a bootloader; do I need to buy a burner to write the MIDIbox CV application to the PIC?

No, you could buy a PIC with preprogrammed Bootloader and MIOS from SmashTV's shop: http://www.midibox-shop.com

Once you built the core, you only have to upload the MBCV application anymore to complete the installation.

Best Regards, Thorsten.