Peripheral! 16x4 BLM addon

Altitude

This is based on Ilmenator's 16x4 BLM PCB that he was kind enough to let me liberate from him and a matte Ponoko laser cut case.  I used the same LEDs I used for my SEQ and they match perfectly brightness wise.  I interfaced it to the CS via a mini din8 connector which needed to be buffered to work properly (thanks to TK).  I'll post the files for the case and the brd and schem of the buffer I used (I obviously just did it by hand here).

Thanks to Ulrich and Throsten for another great project!

blmfront.jpg

minidin.jpg

dinfem.jpg

buffer.jpg

These are the files for the case, please note that there is NO HOLE for the connection, the location and size of that will depend on how you want to implement this so its up to you.  Standoffs were 8mm for the top, 18mm for the bottom.  I ended up grinding the 18mm ones for a tighter fit so 16mm plus washers may be a better choice to make up for tolerances

http://misw.us/p2_blm_case.svg

Here are the sch and brd for the buffer. I designed it to simply attach to the board via female DIL on the back like I have it on my PCB.  I have NOT actually made these yet so you probably want to check it for any errors but it is simply based on the connections shown the LPC17 schematic and is how I wired my hand made board.  Also worth mentioning is the DIN8 socket and DIN cable I used despite having the same colored wires, did not have those wires connected to the same pins so make sure you check with a meter.. 

J8Buffer.png

J8bufferpcb.png

Edited by Altitude
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...