Possible to rotate one of two lcds (2x40, HD44780) by 180°?

dOperator

Hi,

I'm building a midibox ng atm, with parts of a midibox seq4.

Since i didn't leave a gap in the middle of the frontplate like on the seq4, the lcds don't align properly to the knob rows. Now, if i could rotate the right lcd by 180°(like in the picture), it would align a lot better, could maybe even file off the backlit connectors to get the two lcds closer together.

Is there a way to rotate the output? Maybe in hardware, like swapping cables or so? I looked into the firmware code, didn't see any options to rotate the output there, i guess it would be possible to code it somehow tho?

Not too experienced with electronics nor low-level coding, so help appreciated a lot :smile:

Thanks!

current state of affairs:

midibox_ng_lcds.jpg

maybe you could cut away the the part of the LCD-PCB that stands beside the Display and solder the the wires to the traces manually. it would be a difficult task, but can be sucessfull if the needed traces are available on the backside of the remaining PCB.

I had a similar problem with a couple lcd's I had to change and finally decided to overlap them a little(the back light over the terminal  part, isolating with some tape) and it worked OK. You almost don't notice the height difference on the front-panel.