MIDI Box CV dead gates?

Spend42

Is it possible to blow out gate outputs on your Midibox CV?  I've been using mine for about 5 years (AOut version), and I built a new ADSR yesterday (http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54641) and when I went to go test it it seems to have blown out the gate on my midibox CV i was testing it with.  I tried a different gate output and that's dead now too. I was using one of the gates off of J5 that come directly off of the PIC.

I don't see any voltage on the gate input from the module, the only thing I can think of is that the module was in my new cabinet and it runs off of a different power supply.  Maybe there was a ground differential between the two cabinets?  Any Ideas?  I'm stumped. 

Can anyone think of a way to fix this?  Should I have put some sort of protection in place on my gate outputs?

• 2 months later...

First, if you use differen PSUs you have to connect all grounds.

Just some obvious stuff to consider:

Are the outputs really dead? Have you checked with a different ADSR? Maybe it´s just with the new module?

Is the MBCV listening on the correct midi channel?

Are you using the two gates on the MAX-Chips? If they are really blown you can switch to using the 8 Outputs provided by the core.

If you are using the Gate-outs from the core, you might need a new pic... or use the 2 Gate outs from the AOut-module instead and still haVE ll 8 Gates...(hope you haven´t blown Gate 3-8 by now)