LCD suggestions

blingy

I wasnt too thrilled with the buy-display part either.  Crappy performance, crappy build.  You get what you pay for I guess.  I use the the green on black optrex parts, they are a pain to dial in to get to look good but they do look good (eventually) and dont draw a ton of current.  I used the 40x2 newhaven ones also and like those a lot despite being your standard black on light background with backlite deals.  One thing about the optrex parts you MUST watch for is that there MUST be a current limiting resistor on the backlight or you will blow the LEDs (i've done it more than once).  They are replaceable if youre handy with tiny ass SMD stuff but its a $40 display in the trash otherwise

Edited by Altitude

• 1 month later...

300mA power consumption per piece will cause some problems with standard USB power supply. Maybe this is just the peak current at "all characters lit". Did you have any issues?

Although "self luminent" displays are to prefere over lcd displays in my opinion. A compatible oled display would be nice :)

Well, as you mention it. I didn't pay any attention to this detail :-). After the replacement of the green display, I haven't connected the SEQV4 to the PC. Maybe not a good idea... I will measure the heat generated by the voltage regulator at some point and check their specs again. Not sure where there limits in terms of current are ...

Thanks for the hint, I didn't realize that they are so energetic :-) ..... and FAST !!

Edited by orange_hand