need information on the sid chips

praxis23

Hello, I have the opportunity to get a sammichSID but is equipped with 6581 chips, I have 2 chips 8580R5 and I want to know if I can put my 8580 in the place of 6581 to the inside? I noticed that my 8580 sid chips are similar at the level of width, there is one that is a CSG and the other is a MOS, so How to do if I can put them inside the sammichSID? (sorry for my english I'm french)

Best regards, damien

^the sammichSID takes a 12v power supply no matter what chip is in it, and there's no need to change voltage regulators. Everything is changed on the inside with jumpers: either the 6581s take power directly from the supply, or the 8580s take it from the regulator. Other than that. It's just a matter of switching the capacitors for the filter.

ok thank you all for your information! I recovers the sammichSID  the next week, I'll try to change the chips but how do I do with my 8580, because one is a CSG and the other a MOS and they are not the same width, is that I need found yet another chip MOS 8580 ?

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone! thank you for your answers, in fact I checked and my two 8580 chips are the same, it was PACKAGING my sid chips. I got the sid sammich and I must say that I'm having, I'm pleasantly surprised and I wish I could build myself a sammichSID but not found. By cons I'll change some components and put my 8580 instead of 6581 that there was currently inside I noticed that there are waveforms that 6581 did not, and I find the grain of the 8580 is more powerful and cleaner than 6581. Finally, this is just my opinion, but I'll get the list of pieces to change and then change the components needed and change the sids.

Bests damien