problem with compiling new setup midibox cv / Mplab 7.4

warpboy

hello,

I'm trying to compile my own setup.asm file (J5 enabled+encoder+aout NG) in mplab 7.4 (pc version)

here is the result on my screen :

Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPAsmWin.exe" /q /p18F452 "setup TORB.asm" /l"setup TORB.lst" /e"setup TORB.err"
Error[108]   C:\MIDICV\SETUP TORB.ASM 2 : Illegal character (
)
Error[129]   C:\MIDICV\SETUP TORB.ASM 4 : Expected (END)
Halting build on first failure as requested.
BUILD FAILED: Wed Jan 09 04:28:51 2002

I don't understand why I've two errors. The Expexted END is not in the original .asm file downloaded on UCAPPS....

Any idea to help me compiling my config ?

my midibox CV is ready to start ....but before I need to update and make and .hex file

thank you by advance for helping me :-)

W

Hi,

this application can't be built with MPLAB, please use gputils instead as recommended via the README.txt (the README links to a Wiki page which describes the details).

However, here a quickstart for you without the need to install the complete toolchain.

Only install gputils: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gputils/files/gputils-win32/0.14.3/gputils-0.14.3.exe/download

Thereafter open a cmd terminal, change to the midibox_cv_* directory, and enter following command in the command line:

gpasm  -p p18f452  -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I ./modules/app_lcd/dummy -I ./modules/aout   setup\ torb.asm

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello TK,

I'm using AOUT NG kit from smash tv. I'm using it in unipolar mode and calibrate the CV 1 to 8 with P1-P8  ( 5K multiturn trimpot)

Out D (pin 15) from the DAC isn't working too , Out D = 0v

I've looked for a short between the traces around the DAC, everything seems to be ok.

I 've checked for +/- 12v and 5V on aout NG board. TL074 and the DAC are correctly supplied.

Does it means I have burned the DAC ?    :pinch:

Thank you

Fabien

after measurements, if I look at out A ( pin 12 ) of the DAC, each time I increase of 1 octave the voltage increase of 200mV....Is it correct ? and it's the same for all the others outputs ( there is only outputs D  and F that don't work for all notes)

Edited by warpboy