SEQ V4 Who is Performing Live With This? (Techno)

cosmosuave

Mentioned in a prev post I plan to build the SeqV4 to perform live techno and wondering who here is doing the same? Do you have any videos or mixes featuring the sequencer and how do you use it, pattern mode or song? How do you transition to your next track? What gear are you sequencing with it?

Thanks...

bri

• 6 months later...
stuartm have some vids @ vimeo

Thanks for the kudos :smile:

Haven't been around for a while.

I'm just using exclusively pattern mode when playing stuff like that.

The recent addition of the Remix page was a revelation for me, as it finally makes it as easily accessible as I want it to be

(being a lazy freetime hobby musician ...)

At home the MBSeq is the master for all hardware:

- controlled from MBSeq: Microwave XT, Nord Micro Modular, Novation Drumstation, Roland MKS-50

- slave-clocked, but running on their own sequencers: 2 Shruthi-1s, Machinedrum, Octatrack, DSI Evolver

Previously also had Abletion Live slaved to it, but recently moved to a different scheme with MBSeq slave to Live, only taking over clock master while Live is loading a new set

Regarding transitions:

I usually switch between "songs" from the MBSeq,from the Elektron Combo or from Live.

But you could seamlessly (i.e. without stopping) switch between songs on the MBSeq alone, also using the Remix page.

I would just always have something playing continously in parallel, so the change is not that abrupt. Might also be just a 4/4 kick.

Alternative: if 8 tracks per song are sufficient, you could have one song on MBSeq tracks 1-8 and the other on 9-16.

Makes it a bit difficult though with the mixer maps / the remix page.

Edited by stuartm