MB Seq, iPad, Camera Connection Kit

lukas412

Just thought I would post as I haven't seen this mentioned yet. I picked up a CCK for the iPad and it works great with the MB Seq. You can plug the MB USB directly into the CCK and it will automatically find all 4 ports of the MB. Works fantastic for the virtual BLM Lemur app and any other app that uses Core Midi.

Luke

• 1 year later...

Hello,

it is nice that it will work with your setup.

Have you tried a normal MIDI-USB adapter too?

All my tests failed with following device (Normaly it should work because midimate II can used by coremidi - it has no own driver):

iPad mini2 <-> Lightning to Camera Connection Kit <-> midimate II interface  (in a midi monitor app, that device name for IN and OUT is shown only a short time, then never again.. I am not able to use it)

iPad 4 <-> Lightning to Camera Connection Kit <-> midimate II interface (same here...)

If i use a usb-hub with external psu, it will not recognized the midimate too. So does anyone has an idea, what could be the reason?

M-Audio interface is also not working, ipad gave a message that it will not support it.

Thanks,

Greets,

Edited by Rio

Midi to USB adapters work for me with my iPad.  DIN MIDI inputs on my NI Komplete Audio 6 also work.  Maybe try the MIDIbridge app - it gives you a lot of control over iPad MIDI.

You may need to connect your usb-midi interface through a powered usb hub to the CCK, although mine works plugged directly into the CCK.  You definitely need to connect the midibox through a powered usb hub though, unless you're powering the midibox with some power source other than USB.