Burns Encoder in MBSEQ V4

orange_hand

Yesterday I was so upset about the parameter jumps of my Bourns encoder in my MBSEQ V4 that I decided to replace them. Today I used my 808 in order to de-soldered them. Then I replaced them with the good old Alpha's. Man, those Bourns encoders suck..... Now with the Alpha encoders it is really fun to play with the MBSEQ.

PS: I've got flat top LED's in my control surface. When I removed it, I couldn't re-assemble it. So I had to de-solder the LED's are well and had to replace them... I am done for today :-)

Edited by orange_hand

Thanks for the info - the more i read about Bourns, the less I want them in the LEDring boards :).

The Alpha Encoders are really solid, i´ve got them in the MB6582 and after heavy usage for some time, they still feel as good as on the first day.

For the SEQ, I´ve got some non-Wilba-PCB size ALPS encoders - and they do also work flawlessly.

Many greets,

Peter

My condolences with the LEDs. I accidentally soldered LAN & MIDI sockets into my LPC17 and totally forgot they won't fit into the Heidenreich Case that way...  :no:

Soundwell has some good encoder prices (minimum order quantity 1000pcs. - user end price 1.30-1.50 EUR)

Has someone experience with them?

Edited by kristal=

Just for documentation's sake, can you post the part number of the ones you like?

And my favs are:

Alpha RE160F-40E3-20A-24P 

(@ Kristal, if you order 1000pcs, 1.45€ pp@mouser, rock solid encoder, but no push function)

and

Alps STEC12E08

Many greets,

Peter

Edited by Hawkeye

Alpha RE160F-40E3-20A-24P

(@ Kristal, if you order 1000pcs, 1.45€ pp@mouser, rock solid encoder, but no push function)

I only need 17 for my SEQ4 and I already bought them, thanks to the ongoing discussion here on the forum. I nearly bought the Bourns...

• 2 weeks later...