MIOS Studio. Upgrade from 2.2.x -> 2.4.6. LPC17 Not recognized?

tonedef

I was just using MIOS Studio, and was able to get it to talk to my midibox lpc17 just fine. I uploaded the  new bootloader to it, all okay. Then the MIDIbox NG  1.026 project. Everything was working, DIN's where being recognized, but something was flaky with the AINSER64, so I wanted to do some debugging.

At that point I realized I had an old version of MIOS Studio (2.2.x), so I went to upgrade it first. I downloaded the current version 2.4.6, replaced my old one with it, and now... it won't recognize the midibox. Unplug/replug/restart etc. don't have any effect. MIOS Studio just won't see the midibox.

Am I doing something wrong? 

OSX Mavericks, and Apple's Audio MIDI Setup does show the MIDIbox NG. I was a bit erroneous, MIOS Studio  does see the midibox, it just cant communicate with it. Querying just generates an error:

No response from MIOS8 or MIOS32 core!
Check MIDI IN/OUT connections
and Device ID!
For debugging see also

Help->MIDI Troubleshooting

And attempting any uploads to the unit, gives:

Reading project.hex
project.hex contains 69312 bytes (271 blocks).
Range 0x00000000-0x00010eff (69376 bytes) - PIC Bootloader (ERROR!)
ERROR: Range check failed!

Thanks TK, for any input. You're always helpful...

This is really strange, especially since I'm using Mavericks as well.

Could you please try to contact the core in Bootloader Hold Mode?

Just connect jumper J27, power-cycle the core and try to query with MIOS Studio again.

If this works, upload the MIDIbox NG application again. Thereafter remove the J27 jumper. Maybe this helps.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Maybe the bootloader update left some artifacts in the MacOS setup.

What happens if you:

• remove the J27 jumper (don't use bootloader mode, so that the MIDIbox NG application with it's 4 USB-MIDI ports is active)
  • start the Audio-MIDI-Setup of MacOS (e.g. search for "audio-midi" with Spotlight)
  • disconnect the core module from USB
  • delete the interface in the Audio-MIDI-Setup
  • connect the core module to USB again

Thereafter re-start MIOS Studio and select the first MIDI IN/OUT of your MIDIbox NG

Is the Query working thereafter?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

No joy... fired up Logic, and it does show up there too. Plus Logic will also respond to some of the rotary encoders connected to the DIN boards (seeing midi data coming out of it, when I turn the knob).

Tried redownloading MIOS Studio again and using that. Same result... I must have borked something, but I just don't know what.

Could it be, that your core is assigned to a different device ID?

This would explain, why it won't be found via Query.

It's also a plausible reason, because the storage file of the device ID number has been changed between MIOS Studio 2.2 and later versions.

So: try different IDs, push the Query button after each change to check if the core will be found.

Best Regards, Thorsten.