little problems on my sammichSID need help please

praxis23

Hello everyone , I got a sammichSID lately and I just realize by reading the manual that I have some problems. Then in a first time in the clock menu I have only sid, bpm and mod posted , it lacks the out option , I do not understand why I did not . Then the other problem I noticed is quite strange , it always concerns the display but this time it is when I am in the menu sid there is 1 then 3 stars after 1 displayed, while in the manual can be seen writing 1 followed by three dashes and just when i want to select one of two sid it does not move , it 's always the same one followed by 3 stars . I also want to clarify that when I recovered sammichSID I opened it to look inside and I did well because I was shocked to see one of the legs of the 2nd chips that were not returned in the socket, this leg was completely bent ! So I exit the 6581 and tried to straighten correctly I succeeded, I put the 6581 in its socket but still the same display at the selection of the sid chip , I wonder if my sammich not not working on one sid ? I thank in advance all those who could help me! (i'm french sorry for english)

Best regards, damien

Hi Damien,

Then in a first time in the clock menu I have only sid, bpm and mod posted , it lacks the out option , I do not understand why I did not

which version is installed on your sammichSID?

It could be an older one...

You could update it with MIOS Studio, the firmware is located in the midibox_sid_v2 package here: http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html

Then the other problem I noticed is quite strange , it always concerns the display but this time it is when I am in the menu sid there is 1 then 3 stars after 1 displayed, while in the manual can be seen writing 1 followed by three dashes

That's normal, because sammichSID has only a single PIC core. Each core can handle two SID chips. E.g. in the lead engine patches you select the chip with L/R (left/right)

I wonder if my sammich not not working on one sid

Do you hear sound on both audio channels?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hello TK, thank you very much for your help. when I turn on my sammichSID that displays MIOS 1.9 G 2009, and after that there midibox RC28 V2 launching CS that appears. In terms of sound, I noticed at the time playing with the drum engine that I could not hear some instrument tracks, so when I switched the sound on the left side I heard the the tracks of instruments that I did not hear before, I think the chip right, so that which had  the leg folded doesn't work, right? I'm a little confused to update the MIOS is what I need special tools to do this? I have no midi interface on my computer, I just have a arduino but I do not think it can help me, I never do that and I'm a bit lost with the technical language, sorry. I also want to know if I can sequence my TB303 clone rack with my sammichSID in bassline mode? I tried but nothing happens, I also think it's probably because I'm not the out option in the clock menu, right? There are other things that I noticed when I turn the knobs up or down, it jumps several decimal places at once.

MIOS is up-to-date, but the application firmware is expired (RC28 was released 2009, meanwhile we've V2.043). Many new features have been added, many bugs have been fixed (also the knob issue). We can't help you to workaround such an old firmware...

The update is only possible with a MIDI interface - you've to buy one, or borrow it from a friend. Take care that the MIDI interface is not on the blacklist: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=midi_interface_blacklist

Once you've a working bidirectional MIDI connection, just upload the setup_sammich_sid.hex file, which is part of the release package.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hello and thank you again for your help TK. To update the firmware I saw in the list with a BCR2000 Berhinger it works on OS X (10.5), but it would work in window vista? Because I have a BCR2000 to the house I've ever tried, I did not know he could be used as midi interface. If a friend can lend me a Alesis IO2, if it is not on the blacklist that have to work, right? 

Best regards, damien

• 2 weeks later...