Do any midiboxers want to test my iPad app for Ableton Live?

ultra

I'm looking for a couple midiboxers who use Ableton Live and have an iPad.  Currently, all my app does is trigger clips and do a few other functions (mute, solo, arm, loop clips) over network MIDI (using an excellent network MIDI library maintained by our own Kurt Arnlund).  But I'm adding more features, such as automatic hardware remapping.  It'll kind of work like the APC-40, except you could build your own midiboxes or controllers you've bought and automap them in a few ways using the app as an interface for it.  You also won't be limited to a single controller, as any combination of controllers can be mapped to different functions and changed on the fly.

For example: you could have a controller with 8 volume faders that remap with the clip grid to control volume for whatever group of 8 tracks are selected at the time.  The knobs of that controller could remap to macros on each track.  Then, another controller could become whatever device you have selected at the time, or be an aggregate of your favorite parameters from different tracks that you could "page" through to remap, or perhaps drag a parameter name from a list to a knob and remap it on the fly.

The app isn't designed like LiveControl, where your main focus is on the app.  Instead it's designed for people who are busy with their hardware.  You can trigger clips without taking your eyes off of Live, because you can touch the iPad, drag to your clip (there's an on-screen preview showing which clip you'll trigger), and release to fire the clip.  You can also navigate around the clip grid by dragging or swiping.  Currently, it's not much different than other clip trigger apps on the app store, but i think the hardware integration might set it apart.

I can't offer any kind of payment besides a free copy, but your ideas will definitely be heard and it's an opportunity to help make this app be something you'd enjoy using, especially if you're into building hardware and want a way to extend its uses.

For anybody just interested in the existing version of the app, please find it through my website at http://www.sub-version.net (sorry for the shameless plug).  For anybody interested in testing, please ask via private message.  Any discussion of the app just post here.

Thanks!

ultra

(a busy guy who can't wait to get back to midiboxing)