sammichSID Analog in

lazenbleep

HI! About to build my sammichSID at last.

I'm interested in using the analog ins with potentiometers. I have seen this is configurable in the asm file, where can I find the inputs A0-A4 on the sammich board.

I probably haven't searched hard enough, but I'm guessing the potentiometers act as voltage dividers across 5v?

Many thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,

the analog inputs are available at PIC pin #2, 3, 4, 5 and 7

See also this schematic: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_core_v3.pdf

I guess that sammichSID has no special connector for these pins, but you could solder a cable directly at the bottom of the PCB.

I'm guessing the potentiometers act as voltage dividers across 5v?

yes

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So!, on the Sammich board there are unused pads next to 2,3,4,5,+7. Thanks Wilba! This was definitely one of the simplest kit builds I've done, well documented and lots of nice touches on the board, especially the female headers for Sid caps.

I'll post some media when I have the pots working

Cheers!

:#

• 2 weeks later...

Hardware done! Used tiny 100k trimmer pots with the legs pushed through holes in the perspex and a small vero board for 5v, ground and divided Vout.

Shown also are the cables from the analog inputs, and 0 and 5V from labelled points near to the midi sockets. Thanks for your help, will post when it's working with the software

:#

post-20585-0-47366800-1389826999_thumb.jpost-20585-0-44223800-1389827094_thumb.jpost-20585-0-88205000-1389827106_thumb.j

• 1 year later...

While searching for creating a potmeter extension for the sammichSID I found this topic.

So in the setup_sammich_sid.asm I can set (this same parameter can be set in setup_6581.asm, does it have to be set in both files?):

#define DEFAULT_J5_FUNCTION 0        to "1"

To enable the analog inputs. In the comment of the line it says 1: J5 used for analog inputs - A0..A4 control Knob#1..#5. Does this mean only 5 inputs are available or can you connect 4051 registers to the pins as well to connect more pots.

My idea is to create a vero board with two 4051 's and make a breakoutbox with 16 potmeters for realtime control of the sammich.

Also where can I set the parameters of those pots. Is this done in j5_io.asm? 

Edited by Holypeyote