Forum Issues

Smithy

Embedding multiple youtube videos in one post on this forum - Community Forum Software seems to be a bit strange!

For instance in the chiptune thread,

When you load the page some videos embed and some do not (they appear as a plain text URL),

then if you refresh the page the amount of videos that embed successfully can change! WTF?

The appropriate tags are in correctly, for instance in my latest post the first 2 videos embed, and the 3rd does not most of the time.

Another issue,

I tried posting this as a new reply in the Chiptune thread,

but instead of creating a new post, it is putting the text into my previous post, as an edit! (I am currently the last poster in the thread.)

I have never experienced this behaviour on other forum software types such as vbulletin or phpbb etc...

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

I'm running Chrome btw, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks.

Edited by Smithy

I agree that I've seen the same issue.
I just tried to edit some youtube links.
Sometimes it was possible to get it right by removing special arguments (such as #t=x.ym), and by wrapping the url with ...
But it also seems that the forum software only accepts the first two youtube videos, all others are displayed as plain URLs.

I haven't found an option in the admin section which controls this.

Found following option:

Maximum number of media files per post: Too many media files embedded on one page can potentially crash the browser.

However, I increased the number to 10

but instead of creating a new post, it is putting the text into my previous post, as an edit! (I am currently the last poster in the thread.)

ok, I disabled following option:

When a member posts twice within n minutes, once after the other in a topic they will be merged into one post. Enter the number of minutes to capture concurrent posts. Enter 0 to not use.

Let's try if it works.

Best Regards, Thorsten.