LPC1769 Rev C - Different layout than Rev A/B?

jab

As this thread is about the LPCXpresso board from Embedded Artists, does someone know if they changed the layout for the boards which are produced by NXP himself (OM13000,598)?

http://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/NXP-Semiconductors/OM13000598/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvnfWYzRsH6EalhGIo7K5FV

Would go the STM32F4 route, but I already purchased all the boards from SmashTV...

• 4 weeks later...
As this thread is about the LPCXpresso board from Embedded Artists, does someone know if they changed the layout for the boards which are produced by NXP himself (OM13000,598)?

http://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/NXP-Semiconductors/OM13000598/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvnfWYzRsH6EalhGIo7K5FV

Would go the STM32F4 route, but I already purchased all the boards from SmashTV...

Not sure if there is a difference between boards produced by EA/NXP (my understanding that it was something of a joint venture and there was only one manufacturer, but perhaps not?). For what it's worth, I looked back to my thread on the NXP forum, and EA did eventually document the change: link

Edited by jab

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I had the LPC17 core PCB for a long time, but ordered the LPC1769 only last week.

Yesterday morning when I wanted to solder the header I was surprised when I noticed (before soldering) that they don't match the one on the PCB...

After reading that post, I decided to solder them, remove the black plastic holder, and bend the pin to match the already soldered(about 1 year ago...) female connector on the PCB (The header on LPC1769 were soldered not "fully inserted", so I have enough room on each pin to bend them 2 times).

Here's some pictures :

post-3472-0-01524200-1416829197_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-38517300-1416829206_thumb.jp

Edited by pilo
  • Like 1