AOUT and the 6007b shunt

istel

Hi everyone

Got the AOUT board from Mike's midi shop and got the 525 DACs and 6007b shunt, but i am slightly confused as to where to place it. In the guide it says to place it on the back side according to this picture (http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_aout_2.jpg) but it is quite hard to see anything. It's obviously in the middle there somewhere, since it isn't the bridges that i made in the previous step.. 

Anyway, i took a picture of my board (yeah, some of the soldering is shitty - going to fix that now, haven't tried soldering on a pertinax board before, but it obviously takes a little practice :smile:

qaQXtAt.jpg

Here's the board with where i think it should be placed, but i am little confused with the orientatino.. 

Here is a picture of the shunt: (so small!!)

1zuXxFt.jpg

So yeah, what i am asking is if it is the correct place and if so, how should the three legs be oriented? 

Thank you and thanks for MIDIBOX!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by istel

Yes, you marked the right spot! The side with the single leg goes to the single copper square on your PCB. The two legs on the other side of the 6007 connect to the copper trace and the ground plane. Make sure that you heat up the ground plane with a little bit of solder before you put the 6007 in place. The ground plane will absorb an awful lot of heat, and if your 6007 is already there when you are trying to heat it up it will be fried.

Yes, i saw that - but can you see exactly where the three legs of this smaller-than-small chip goes? :)

Yes, you marked the right spot! The side with the single leg goes to the single copper square on your PCB. The two legs on the other side of the 6007 connect to the copper trace and the ground plane. Make sure that you heat up the ground plane with a little bit of solder before you put the 6007 in place. The ground plane will absorb an awful lot of heat, and if your 6007 is already there when you are trying to heat it up it will be fried.

Right, nice one! good thing i got a few just in case :) 

uhh, this aout module seems like maybe the most exciting thing about the midi box.. being able to send stuff to my modular without going thru midi-cv (and midi's 128 values) and instead 12 bit directly (4096 values, yeah?)

:)

thanks!

ok, next question - i am a little uncertain as to the orientatino of the leds? the green one is with the short leg/minus in right side connecting with max525 gnd leg, right?

and the two red go with short leg/minus towards the bottom? 

like this: 

yDv9uUq.png

yeah? building the aout is a slightly new level for me in having to figure out stuff... ;)

the green one is with the short leg/minus in right side connecting with max525 gnd leg, right?

yes

and the two red go with short leg/minus towards the bottom? 

no, the long leg (anode) has to be connected to the 5V line towards the bottom.

Best Regards, Thorsten.