No sound 18f4685

Synthy

I have tested all connections and pcb's, but my opl card will not produce any sound. I have tested with interconnection test and the result was that on d0 to d3 have continous 5v. They are not affected by the interconnection test. I have put in a 4620 with the mios from 4620 and with the sammichFM software. Now i can hear sound when i touch the keys on my keyboard. It is not correct, but i can hear sound. I think my OPL card is ok. What do i do wrong?

Are you able to control J15:D0..D3 on the MBHP_CORE module with the mbfm_interconnection_test when the MBHP_OPL3 module is *not* connected?

Could you please do this check with PIC18F4685 and PIC18F4620?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Did you consider, that for the PIC18F4685 D2 and D3 of the OPL3 board are available at Pin RE1 and RE2 of the PIC?

Because RB2 and RB3 are reserved for the CAN interface.

This doesn't explain why you don't see an effect at D0 and D1.

But it could explain, why you noticed a difference with the PIC18F4620

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for your reply. When i have nothing connected, the outputs of d0 .. d3 are high. I use mios v1-9g with bootloader v1.2b. I have built another core with only nessesary connections and it stays the same.

Best regards, Pim.

Hi,

Are you testing  another FM soft with your Core module, too, not  sammichFM soft only ?

May be I am not right.

Long time ago I had similar no sound event.

Regards,

Janis