Problem with Realtime Recording

phillwilson

Hi again,

I have spent another wonderful evening with my Midibox Seq v4 and I am starting to feel pretty at home with the front panel and its sequencing however, I seem to be having issue with realtime recording,

it seems like certain notes played from my input keyboard are causing the sequencer to stop rather than recording the notes in realtime, I cant figure out why it would be doing this... the notes also seem to trigger some  kind of switching between the layers ( I am figuring this form the 1,2,3 lights changing as certain notes are pressed)... any ideas what I have set up wrong?

ah, that's IT for sure, is there any menu system on the actual midibox itself where this can be changed?

I only ask because, to be honest , at the moment I am just a humble musician and have never dared to get involved with writing or fiddling with code...to my detriment I am sure, and if it has to be done so...I will look at it as acquiring some new skills, but thought it was worth an ask before I start looking at the "for dummies guides"

thanks for taking the time,

Phill

As far as I know you can not change this from the panel, but don't worry. You don't need to compile or anything like that. If you remove your sd card and put it in a computer you will find a file in the root called  MBSEQ_HW.V4

Right around line 14 you should see MIDI_REMOTE_KEY 

Make sure that is set to 0, put the sd card back in your seq and restart it if its still on.

Enjoy,

Luke