LPC17 + DOUT Problem

towster2

Hi,

I am new to the forum and new to MIDIbox. I built the LPC17, DOUT, and DIN modules this week and am trying to get them working properly with the tutorials and examples. Playing around with the SRIO Demo (trunk\apps\examples\srio) I found that the DIN module is working properly (when I toggle a button I can see confirmation in the MIOS terminal and on the connected LCD. However, I am unable to get any response out of the DOUT module; more specifically when I toggle the buttons the LEDs remain lit. I checked every output pin on the DOUT module with a multimeter and found that every pin is reading ~5V. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to why all my outputs are stuck high? I have checked the DOUT module pretty thoroughly for shorts and didn't find any. Thanks in advance!

Problem solved! I didn't realize that I had connected to the wrong 5 pins on the J1 DIL on the DOUT module. So effectively I had connected to SI rather than SO. Silly mistake, but I figured it out after staring at the schematic for a bit. After successfully testing the basic functions its time to start coding!