LED meter with more than 16 LEDs?

FantomXR

Hey,

I'm wondering, if there is a chance, to add more LEDs to a led-meter. I'm asking because I can't find any 16-segment-led-meter and would need to build them by myself, which is a lot of work. I found a 20-segment-led-meter. 

Any informations about this?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Why buying 20 segment bars?

If you own a "multi tool" or a good saw it is less work then you think.

To get my four 26 segmet bars I simply used two green 10 segmet led bars,

then i cutted yellow 10 segment bars into 4 segment parts and red 10 segment bars

into 2 segment parts.

But i am sure any bar will work.

Do you have a datasheet?

Best regards

Marxon

Edited by Marxon

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I could chain two of these. That should work.

Another idea is, to simply add two SR and add eight LEDs, which are assigned to a separate led-pattern. Than I scale the cc-value on the first led-stripe from 0-80 (value need to by correctly calculated) and the second stripe from 81-127. 

How about this?

Another idea is, to simply add two SR and add eight LEDs, which are assigned to a separate led-pattern. Than I scale the cc-value on the first led-stripe from 0-80 (value need to by correctly calculated) and the second stripe from 81-127. 

How about this?

Two SR and eight LEDs? 

Now i am confused... :huh:

Sorry, that wasn't clear.

What I meant was, to chain two led-matrix-pattern. To simplify the case: Is it possible, to set up 2x16 LEDs (=32 LEDs in total) and to program the ngc-file in the way, that the first 16 leds listen to cc (x) and value 0-63, and the second set of leds to cc (x) and value 64-127? With that setup it should be possible, to get a higher resolution on led-feedback or am I wrong?