SEQ4 Heidenreich Case Bulk 2014 / 2015

kristal=

Picked up the cases at my post office earlier this evening. Thanks for organizing this bulk kristal= and kudos to the extremely well packaging!

Thank you for taking part in this bulk, offe! I'm glad to hear that the cases arrived you safely.

Many thanks to kristal, the case arrived here too. I really like the "modular" approach of this case so that you can swap front panel, back panel etc. separately.

Now some questions. Although I have already built the Midibox Seq using LPC17 core, I might want to update to STM32F4 later on. Does the old LPC17 core (which I have) and the new STM32F4 core share any common screw holes? I mean if I use standoffs and WB Weld to place the core pcb and later want to get the new core, do I have to modify all the standoff positions then?

I guess there will also be changes to the back panel. That's why I like Altitude's idea of fastening the pcb's to back panel instead of using standoffs. I was browsing orange_hand's build quide and he's using those L-shaped "things":

Ethernet_Controller_Modified_2.jpg

Unfortunately I have no idea where to get these. Can someone help?

Edited by coffee

Many thanks to kristal, the case arrived here too.

Unfortunately I have no idea where to get these. Can someone help?

You're welcome. Would you like to post some pics of the assembled case with your new front panel? This would be the ultimate accuracy test. I'm very interested.

May work: "angle brackets for D-SUB"

https://cdn-reichelt.de/documents/datenblatt/C120/sv_wmg.pdf

https://www.darisusgmbh.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p19639_BZMS950-----Mounting-Set-M3--2Parts-.html/XTCsid/f215b3f397de638e64e6e7ceebefa981

http://www.tme.eu/html/EN/angle-brackets-for-d-sub-connectors/ramka_978_EN_pelny.html

Got mine, thanks a bunch! now off to building

You're welcome freddy, have fun building.

Edited by kristal=

You're welcome. Would you like to post some pics of the assembled case with your new front panel? This would be the ultimate accuracy test. I'm very interested.

Ok here's the pictures. It took a bit longer to make the case since there indeed was a minor problem. As you can see I used standoffs to level the panel pcb and the LCD's. Unfortunately the case rails are wide enough to get in the way. My solution was to use Dremel and cut small dents to the rails where the standoffs collides with the rails. Now the panel fits perfectly.

May work: "angle brackets for D-SUB"

Lol, of course. Thanks for the keywords. Sometimes I feel like an idiot :blush: :laugh:

post-20310-0-21749100-1408208293_thumb.j

post-20310-0-62750200-1408208318_thumb.j

Edited by coffee

Oh nice, that looks good! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

It took a bit longer to make the case since there indeed was a minor problem. As you can see I used standoffs to level the panel pcb and the LCD's. Unfortunately the case rails are wide enough to get in the way. My solution was to use Dremel and cut small dents to the rails where the standoffs collides with the rails. Now the panel fits perfectly.

Yes, I know what you mean. I've pointed out the problem in post of this thread. A normal M3 screw fits, if you use a standoff, there's a standoff too much. Even if you glue it with JB Weld, you have to grind some glue off. See bottom pic of post #52. It's a "problem" of the whole design concept, but it doesn't take much time to solve it.

Edited by kristal=

Completed unit looks nice!

I looked to see if the whole panel could be offset down a little, but the mount issue is on both rails, so there is no option.

If the screw was glued to the panel, and then a nut glued to the thread of the screw in the right position, then it would fit without grinding the rails, but then you are back to the weakness of glue.  

As above it is simple enough to grind a small section of the rail.  That section is not really used anyhow (it was to hold the captive 'nuts).

Thank you for the photos.  It is always nice to have further confirmation that all is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi zephyrin, Switzerland isn't in the EU, so DHL charges 28,99 € for shipping (Hermes 31,99 €, GLS & DPD don't ship to CH, so no alternative). Also PayPal wants an exchange fee for SF -> EUR. Please find the total amount on the wiki page.

@all who are interested in a SEQ4 case: Last chance to hop on the bulk. Might be the last for 2014: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=seq4_aluminium_case_and_frontpanel_2014

Hi Kristal, would there be any chance that I just ordered a set of the profiles through you (no panels)? I have customised my Midibox seq and as a result I have to print the panels elsewhere.

You mean profiles with no side & bottom panels? Or profiles with side & bottom panels sans back & front panel?