A couple of minor suggestions for MB FM FW

lazerbeat

A couple of very small ideas for the firmware. 

1 slight tweak of the WT page.

menu_wt.gif

At the moment this page is just a little confusing. At least for me. If you are using a smaller screen you cant see the CC and the values you are going to send on the same page. Also having the values before the CC and separated by the "rate" and "sync" commands is a little counter intuitive?

This might be a bit clearer?

Step / Mode / CC#1 / #1 / CC#2 / #2 / CC#3 / #3 / Rate / Sync
 0      --     21    +0    23    +0    83    +0     0    Note

2 - Initial Delay on EG5

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an initial delay to EG5. It might allow for some interesting and expressive sounds? So instead of 

ADDSR

DADDSR

Might be useful and maybe no toooo hard to add?

Thanks for reading!

To 1)

in src/cs_menu_tables.inc you will find following table:

==========================================================================
;  The wavetable menu
; ==========================================================================
CS_MENU_TABLE_WT
    db  (CS_MENU_TABLE_WT_End-CS_MENU_TABLE_WT)/CS_MENU_ENTRY_LEN, 0x00

;;              Register (00=dummy)        |<-->|  max   print ix,         exec ix          parameter transfer
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   CS_MENU_WT_STEP,           "Step", 0x1f+1,PRINT_VAR_WTSTEP, EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_VAR_WTSTEP
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   0x00,                      "Mode", 0x03, PRINT_VAR_WTMODE, EXEC_TOGPAR,     R2PP2R_VAR_WTPAR
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   0x01,                      " #1 ", 0xff, PRINT_VAR_WTPAR,  EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_VAR_WTPAR
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   0x02,                      " #2 ", 0xff, PRINT_VAR_WTPAR,  EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_VAR_WTPAR
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   0x03,                      " #3 ", 0xff, PRINT_VAR_WTPAR,  EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_VAR_WTPAR
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   MBFM_Px_WT_RATE,           "Rate", 0x7f, PRINT_Px_DEC,     EXEC_SELPAR,     R2PP2R_Px
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   MBFM_Px_CTRL2_U,           "Sync", 0x02, PRINT_Px_WTSYNC,  EXEC_TOGPAR,     R2PP2R_Px
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   MBFM_Px_WT_PAR1,           "CC#1", 0x7f, PRINT_Px_CCASG,   EXEC_SELPAR_ASG, R2PP2R_Px
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   MBFM_Px_WT_PAR2,           "CC#2", 0x7f, PRINT_Px_CCASG,   EXEC_SELPAR_ASG, R2PP2R_Px
    CS_MENU_ENTRY   MBFM_Px_WT_PAR3,           "CC#3", 0x7f, PRINT_Px_CCASG,   EXEC_SELPAR_ASG, R2PP2R_Px
CS_MENU_TABLE_WT_End

Here you could re-order the menu items to test if you are satisfied with the result.

Once you are happy, and for the case that more people would like to get this change, I would change this in the official firmware

To 2) I understand your wish (I had the same, and implemented in MBSID V2)

But for MBFM it isn't possible due to memory limitations and design decisions which make it difficult today to add such changes, as simple they might sound for you as a user...

Please note also, that the MBFM project is only in "maintenance mode" anymore, which means: only bugfixes and minor changes which don't need much attention from my side will be provided.

Best Regards, Thorsten.