[S] TPD (Track Position Display) full kits for sale

ilmenator

Hi,

in the past months I have received numerous requests about providing kits for the TPD module from people having difficulties sourcing the parts individually. The TPD is the extension board on the left, read more about it in the Wiki.

post-3442-0-15974500-1402155705_thumb.jp

So, I thought I'd give that a try and provide a full kit. Kit price is 48 EUR plus shipping, and that includes all the parts necessary (and as listed in the BOM) for building the TPD and connecting it to the SEQ board. The only thing you'll need to add is a plastic knob for the rotary encoder - you'll probably want to match that anyways with the type you already use on the SEQ.

If you want one, add a message to this thread or send me a PM, and if you provide me with your country of residence I can send you a shipping quote.

Kind regards, ilmenator

Edited by ilmenator

• 7 months later...

Ilmenator, are the dual color LEDs by the buttons on the TPD module actually used in practice?  I'm just getting around to assembling my second TPD board (with the right 7-segment displays this time), and I'm thinking that I'll mount the LEDs, encoder, matrixes, etc. directly on my custom Plexi frontpanel and run wires to the TPD PCB.  I am thinking of using some panel mount LED illuminated switches I've got in place of the four TPD buttons, but these buttons are only single color LEDs...  Should I go to the effort of wiring up bicolour leds, or is the second colour not really used on the TPD?  ...and if I go with one colour, which leg of the bicolour LED socket should I wire to?

There is no fixed standard for this, and everything depends on how you configure your LEDs in the config file. Or, to put it the other way round: if you just use single color LEDs it doesn't matter if you connect them to the red or the green anode pin, because functionality is defined in the config file. 

When I decided to use dual color LEDs it was mainly because I wanted them to match with the ones already in place on my BLM module. It all depends on how you actually want to use the buttons...

• 4 months later...

I've received a number of requests in the last weeks for TPD kits but I was out of boards. This is just to let you know that the boards have finally made it through customs, so get in touch with me if you want to add the TPD to your SEQv4.

• 2 years later...

It shows the relative position of each track, just like a progress indicator in the software world :).
E.g. if you have a 64-step track, and the the TPD LED of this track is in the middle, the track playback position is also in the middle of the track around step 32.
Quite a few years back, I made a very cheesy demo with the camera aligned on the (then very new) prototype-tpd, which should show what is going on:

Many greets and enjoy!
Peter

In Peter's demo you can see that in the TPD prototype only one matrix display was used, hence the dots only take up the lower half of the display space (as only the first eight or seven tracks are used in the demo). The final version is sporting two of those matrix displays side by side for added precision/resolution :-).

On 3.12.2017 at 11:21 PM, ilmenator said:

In Peter's demo you can see that in the TPD prototype only one matrix display was used, hence the dots only take up the lower half of the display space (as only the first eight or seven tracks are used in the demo). The final version is sporting two of those matrix displays side by side for added precision/resolution :-).

Hi Ilmenator, are those kits still available? If so, I want one. Best, Gabriel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...